Eventually, fans are going to stop expecting Cena to turn in every high-profiled situation he's put in because we're wrong every single time. It's like the boy who cried "wolf". We have to be running out of tears by now.
Vince refuses to have his hand forced, even if it's the right thing for business. John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 28 might be face vs. face in theory, but it's going to be far from it in reality. John Cena will be the heel one way or another. It will be deja vu all over again and the Miami crowd will be as vocal as fans have ever been against Cena. Vince will pat himself on the back and feel proud that he didn't cater and give in to anyone in the process.
This column will be the last I speak of a potential John Cena heel turn. In my mind, going forward, it's never going to happen. I will do my part NOT to stir the pot again and create something that's not there in the first place. That domino effect will never begin with me in the future. Don't get me wrong – I still think it should happen. However, I know now that if I "want" Vince to do something, I can't ask for it. That's a sure sign I won't get it.
Let's try this approach: Vince, I do NOT wish for John Cena to turn heel. PLEASE keep him a babyface forever. If you know "anything" about pro wrestling, you know that a heel turn by John Cena is the WORST thing that could EVER happen! The end.
– I am thankful for the match between CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler on Raw this week. #HOLYSH*T!
– I am thankful that I have already purchased my ticket for WrestleMania 28. It's going to be electric in Miami next year and I will be in the middle of it all. Now, I just need to find a way to afford the airfare. #PARTYMANIA
– I am thankful I am not in jail the day before Thanksgiving like someone with a last name that rhymes with "Lardy."
– I am thankful my Dallas Cowboys are in 1st place in the East with a 6-4 record.
– I am thankful that I'm NOT Joanie Laurer.
– I am thankful for the WWE Divas. Yes, all of them.
– I AM THANKFUL JOHN CENA IS STILL A BABYFACE! I HOPE HE REMAINS A FAN FAVORITE FOREVER AND NEVER TURNS HEEL…EVER.
Chris Cash can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @RealityofChris.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?