TNA live event (Wheeling, W. Va.)
Report by Ben Hough and ProWrestling.net
Before the show, Ticket holders with 50 dollar tickets got to go in 1 hour early for a meet and greet with several TNA stars. Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Kaz, Gunner and Murphy, Madison Rayne, and Abyss all came out for the greet.
Also before the show, Mick Foley and Mickie James signed at the merchandise table.
1. X Division Champion Kaz beat Matt Hardy. Matt got really good heel heat from the crowd. He tore up backstage passes on the way to the ring. Loud “Hardy Sucks” chants and “Lets go Fortune” throughout the match. Afterwards Hardy through a tantrum and was getting in fans faces as he walked to the back.
2. Traci Brooks (w/Mickie James) beat Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne in a non-title Match. Mickie cut a promo saying due to the motorbike attack on Impact, she wasn’t cleared to wrestle. Traci came out to a nice pop. Afterwards, Mickie and Traci celebrated around the ring.
3. Matt Morgan beat Hernandez. Morgan got a thunderous ovation. Hernandez controlled the entire match but was caught with a Carbon Footprint out of nowhere after arguing with the ref and Morgan got the win.
4. Tag Champions Beer Money beat Gunner and Murphy. Beer Money were super over. Solid long tag match with Gunner and Murphy getting “Immortal Sucks” chants throughout.
At intermission, Kaz and Traci Brooks signed at the merchandise table.
5. Abyss beat Tommy Dreamer in a “Monsters Ball Match.” Dreamer got a good response and lots of “TNA” chants throughout. Abyss hit the Blackhole Slam for the win.
6. Samoa Joe beat Bully Ray. Ray cut a pre-match promo picking on fans at ringside. Joe won after the Musclebuster. Lots of “Joes gonna kill you” chants during the match.
7. Kurt Angle beat Jeff Jarrett (w/Mick Foley) as special enforcer. Angle got the loudest sustained pop of the entire night. Jarrett had unreal heel heat. The finish saw referee Brian Hebner take a bump and Foley put Jarrett in the claw with a sock from a fan, which was followed by Angle giving Jarrett an Angle Slam. Foley counted the three to a massive pop. Afterwards Angle and Beer Money took photos in the ring for 20 bucks and Jarrett signed at the merchandise booth.
Overall Thoughts: The crowd was hot throughout the evening. Don West once again did a great job at schilling merchandise and interacting with fans throughout the night. The show went about two hours and 20 minutes counting intermission.
One low point of the evening came when Don West was throwing merchandise out for the kids before the show. A middle aged lady literally ran over a small child and knocked them into the railing so she could get “Jeff Hardy armbands.” West took the mic and lashed out at the lady and than gave the child a free set of armbands which was a class act from West. Overall, another great house show from TNA!
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?