TNA Live Event (Grand Forks, N.D.)
Report by Mike Davidson and ProWrestling.net
1. Ink Inc. beat Gunner and Murphy.
2. Madison Rayne beat Angelina Love to retain the TNA Knockouts Title.
3. Samoa Joe beat “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero. If I had to say there was a match of the night, this would be it.
4. Ken Anderson beat Bully Ray. I missed the finish getting a beer. Anderson was probably the most over guy on the show.
5. Devon beat Hernandez.
6. Kurt Angle beat Jeff Jarrett. The match was about 10 minutes and they really didn’t do much, which was a bit of a let down considering they had a very big and very hot crowd. Considering Angle’s physical injuries over the years, its just amazing that he does the TNA house show circuit so hats off to him.
Notes: 85%-90% full, I would speculate that meant 1,200 in attendance. Some guesses were as high as 1,500, definitely over 1,000. I don’t think there were many comps, and the average ticket was $35 (low end $20 high end $50).
The company sold a ton of merchandise, I bet they averaged $15 per person in merch.
None of the matches stood out as amazing, to me the actual in-ring stuff was very average. No X division guys which sucked. The crowd was extremely into the show.