TNA Live Event (Fargo, N.D.)
Report by Jason Graening and ProWrestling.net
1. Ink Inc. defeated Gunner and Murphy by pin fall. Gunner & Murphy added the stipulation before the match that if they won, no fans would be allowed backstage.
2. Madison Rayne defeated Angelina Love to retain the TNA Knockouts Championship. Madison rolled up Angelina at the end and pulled her tights to steal the victory. Angelina argued with Earl Hebner about it but nothing came of it.
3. Brother Devon defeated Hernandez by pinfall.
4. Mr. Anderson defeated Bully Ray with a Mic Check. Prior to the match, Anderson made Jeremy Borash stand on a chair and lower the microphone to him. Anderson also got a lot of heat from the crowd after announcing his hometown of Green Bay, Wisconsin. Fargo has a pretty strong Minnesota Vikings following and Anderson laughed it off.
5. Samoa Joe defeated The Pope by submission. Prior to the match, The Pope teased a a little kid by giving his sunglasses to him but took them back. Samoa Joe then took Pope’s sunglasses and gave them to the kid.
6. Kurt Angle defeated Jeff Jarrett by pinfall.
Notes: Prior to the event, they let all of the ticket holders with ringside seats in an hour early for a meet and greet with the wrestlers. Most of them came out with the exceptions of Angle and Jarrett. Throughout the show they had autograph tables set up with Devon and Angelina signing autographs, plus they gave out some backstage passes and tossed merchandise in the crowd. After the event, the wrestlers came out to sign more autographs and people could pay $20 to have their photo taken with Kurt Angle in the ring.
Overall it was a solid event and an entertaining show, with the interaction between the wrestlers and the fans making it worthwhile. I posted a bunch of the photos from the event on my website: thehexagoncircle.com/tnaphotos-fargo/.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?