WWE Raw Live Event (Wichita, Ks. at Intrust Bank Arena)
Report by Mike Feiveson and ProWrestling.net
The arena holds about 15,000. They had to open the upper bowl because there was a bigger crowd than expected. My guess is about 8,000-9,000 attended.
The GM buzzed and said there will be a Battle Royal to see who would face Daniel Bryan later for the U.S. Title.
1. Sheamus eliminated Mark Henry to win 14-man Battle Royal. Typical battle royal. Heels and faces against each other at first and then it was a free for all. A few comedy spots from Santino as well. Sheamus went under the bottom rope and then laid low until it was Mark Henry and another wrestler. Henry eliminated him and then Sheamus came back in to eliminate Henry.
2. Eve defeated one of the Bellas in a WWE Divas Title match. The GM buzzed in and said there would be a dance off. The Bellas attacked Eve while she was dancing and then it was on. Good wrestling for about 8-10 minutes. The end saw the Bella’s pull the switcheroo and Eve reversed into a roll up for the win. Maryse ran into the ring and they attacked Eve. Gail Kim and I think Kaitlyn came in to make the save. Good match.
3. Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov (w/Tamina) defeated The Uso’s in a tag match. Typical back and forth. Santino got beat down pretty good and then tagged in Kozlov. He cleaned up and then the Uso’s pulled the switcheroo a couple of times. The end saw both Uso’s and Koslov out of the ring and Tamina back body dropped one and Kozlov rolled the other into the ring for The Cobra from Santino and the pin. Santino was super over with the crowd.
4. Evan Bourne defeated Tyson Kidd. Good match. Kidd played the heel delay tactic for about five minutes and then they got it on. Good back and forth. The end saw Bourne lay out Kidd with a kick and then hit Air Bourne for the win.
Natalya came out and asked who was hosting WrestleMania. A kid answered and he got to ring the bell for the next match.
5. Daniel Bryan (w/Gail Kim) defeated Sheamus to retain the U.S. Title. This match went about 15 or 20 minutes and was all wrestling. At one point, Sheamus went after Bryan and they got tangled up and Sheamus’s foot got stuck and he was hanging from the ropes. The ref and Bryan took about three or four minutes and finally freed him and then the match continued. Bryan won by reversing the Celtic Cross into a roll up.
6. R-Truth defeated William Regal. Boring match. Mostly rest holds. Truth won with his finisher.
7. John Cena and Randy Orton defeated The Miz and Alex Riley. The arena went nuts for Cena. The Miz came out and said that because he was the champion and he had beat up Cena the last two weeks on Raw he didn’t have to wrestle a championship match. He said that this will be a handicap match and that he has rehired Alex Riley. Cena then said he will fight them but he wanted to introduce his partner first.
The arena exploded for Orton. Good wrestling for about 15 minutes. Back and forth action. The crowd was really letting Miz have it. He was pretty funny yelling at the crowd. The ending saw Orton and Cena hit their finishers together and get a double pin for the win. They stayed at ringside and thanked the crowd after the show.
Very good show with a pretty good size crowd for a house show. Lots of wrestling. Each match went probably ten minutes minimum. Two and a half hours of show. Very impressed.