Thanks to Eric Reyes for sending this in: Not sure if anyone noticed but I was just watching the royal rumble again on my dvr and Alex Riley slipped when he was on the apron with Cena and Kofi. You can see in slo-mo Riley slips and loses his footing and both Cena and Kofi try to grab him and keep him from falling.. I wonder what the actual finish would have been if Riley never slipped.
Mike McMahon has posted a detailed live report of last night’s Royal Rumble PPV over at http://thesteelcage.net/2011/
"BOSTON — A really good show that the live audience ate up. I’ve obviously been to quite a few WWE events in my day, and outside of Wrestlemania 14 in the same venue, I’m not sure I’ve been to a hotter show in Boston.
– The crowd was a legit sellout. The only seats tarped off were those behind the set.
– The live crowd was really into the Ziggler-Edge opening bout. I’d say for more than half the match, the majority of the building was standing. Those two obviously put on a helluva show Ziggler, despite being eaten up on Smackdown heading into the event, was really over with the crowd in Boston. A lot of people were chanting “Christian!” on the ref-bump spot that resulted in Edge using the spear.
– The crowd was a little quiet to start Miz-Orton, but I think that’s because everyone was so hot for the Ziggler-Edge match. As we got to the finish, when Nexus came out, the crowd woke up big time and popped huge for the finish.
– The crowd was really disappointed to get Eve as the fourth addition to the Divas’ match. Obviously most thought it was going to be Awesome Kong, and there were even “Kong!” chants before Eve was announced.
– After the show went off the air, Del Rio and his ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez, walked slowly up the aisle and spent a lot of time right by the stage. The camera man seemed to signal for Rodriguez to keep talking while they recorded. Then at one point, Charles Robinson looked like he gave Rodriguez the wrap-up signal. At one point, Rodriguez was on a long (1-2 minute) filibuster (in Spanish, of course) where all I understood was “Rumble” and “Wrestlemania.” Then the pair walked to the back and Justin Roberts thanked us all for coming."