In the spirit of Christmas and the fact that 2011 is almost upon us, I’ve decided to do a top 10 of wrestling scenarios that I would like to see in 2011 (random order). This will cover WWE and TNA only seeing as I don’t have quite enough knowledge of ROH to write up scenarios for them.
10. Evan Bourne returns and feuds with CM Punk: CM Punk (kayfabe) took Bourne out with his devastating submission hold, the Anaconda Vice. With Bourne having gotten over so well before the injury, I’m hoping that WWE takes advantage and puts him up against CM Punk. This feud would allow Bourne to do a program with someone who’s floated around the main event and done so well. Also, CM Punk’s mic skills would help Bourne’s mediocre (at best!) mic skills and get him even more over.
8. Give Miz a lengthy feud with Daniel Bryan: During the first season of NXT, these two kept taking shots at each other. When Bryan came back, he challenged the Miz for the US title and won it, but there wasn’t really that long a feud over the title because Morrison interjected himself into the submissions count anywhere match.
7. WM27- Alberto Del Rio wins MITB: I know I’ll get major heat for this choice, but I see Del Rio winning the MITB ladder match at Wrestlemania (if they have one at the PPV that is!) He was hyped up through his vignettes and made immediate impact, putting both Rey and Christian on the shelf. He also proved himself mightily in the WHC match at TLC. The man’s naturally athletic (that step-up enzuigiri’s sick!) and charismatic at the same time, a rare breed these days to have both in such quantities.
6. John Morrison and Kofi Kingston finally win world titles: These two guys have been just on the edge (no pun intended) of being world champs, but something has managed to hold them back every time. With people in the main event getting injured and retiring, it’s time to elevate some of these bubble guys to the main event, and JoMo and Kofi can fill the void in the current main event scene, at least temporarily. I strongly suspect that JoMo would have to turn heel to do it though because his charisma and mic skills are more suited for a heel persona.
5. Beth Phoenix feuds with Natalya: Beth and Natalya made an alliance to take out Laycool at TLC, but remember that Natalya has the Divas title that Beth got cheated out of before the unification match at Wrestlemania 26. Like Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior or Michaels vs. Taker, Beth vs. Natalya would be a dream match for anyone who cares about the Divas for more than just T&A. A nice lengthy program between these two (title or not) would be, to quote the Miz, "AWWWEEESOOOMMMMEE!" Definitely not a bathroom break set of matches.
4. Desmond Wolfe returns and feuds with Doug Williams: A battle of the British technical wrestlers, and a fine one at that. I’ve always been a fan of technical wrestling and I strongly suspect these two guys could make a huge impact, whether the TV title is on the line or not. Anyone who loved Wolfe vs. Angle should enjoy this showcase of technique.
3. Samoa Joe comes back to relevance: The Samoan Submission Machine being forced to tap out? Talk about ugly booking for one of the most popular wrestlers on the TNA roster. Even uglier is making him tap to Jeff Jarrett, a guy who hasn’t been relevant to wrestling since….the late 90s, if I can be that generous. Just like Styles, Joe has been badly booked and it’s time for that to stop.
Oh well. Merry Christmas from King Blitzkonic
– Shawn Forester
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?