TNA house show (Rahway, N.J.)
Report by Steven Gonzalez and ProWrestling.net
It looked pretty much like a packed house. Tara and Angelina Love were in the building but did not wrestle. I didn’t see Tara, but others saw her and took pictures with her before the show.
1. Jeff Jarrett defeated D’Angelo Dinero. Pope was heel and said that he didn’t want any fans backstage. Jarret came out and said if he won he’d personally hand out some backstage passes, and if Pope won nobody would go backstage. Great match Jarrett got a nice pop and Pope got a lot of heat. Jarrett won.
2. Jay Lethal defeated Amazing Red to win the X Division Title. Best match of the night. I was seated next to Lethal’s parents and I actually heard them cheering for Red as well, saying that he was a real nice guy. Red got some heat and the audience was crazy for lethal. Great back and forth with Lethal getting the pin and the X Division Title.
3. Team 3D defeated Ink Inc. in a tables match. Good match with a lot of chairs and outside action. Neal took a beating. 3D got the victory by putting Neal through the table. Afterwards, they got on the mic and said that without the northeast region there would be no Team 3D. They also said that their futures with TNA were uncertain. They mentioned that a huge announcement was going to be made soon in TNA and said that before they were 3D they were known as the Dudley Boys. The crowd went crazy with a Dudley boys chant.
intermission. Amry recruits were sworn in.
4. Rhino defeated Shore with special referee Mick Foley. Mick Foley came out to promote some his book and give some dates he’d be doing signings. Shore came out with a fake snooki, and insulted Mick’s book. Foley said he still has a referee’s license in New Jersey. Rhino’s music hit. Great pop for Rhino. Shore got lots of heat with “Go back to seaside” chants. Rhino won with the gore.
5. Jeff Hardy defeated Mr. Anderson. Kids went crazy for Hardy. Anderson went for the Swanton and missed, then Jeff went to the ropes and connected with the Swanton. Hardy wins via pinfall.
6. Abyss defeated Tommy Dreamer in a monster’s ball. Good pop for Dreamer, lots of chairs, a ringbell, and tacks. Good match with Dreamer had upper hand most of the match. Abyss won and attacked Dreamer after the match. Rvd made the save and Abyss fell onto the tacks to end the show.
RVD took pics with the fans for $20. I’ve been to three TNA shows in New Jersey and this was the best one yet. The first half of the show was definitely more exciting. The crowd was hot all night.