TNA house show (Canton, Oh.)
Report by Ben Hough and ProWrestling.net
Before the show, those with a 50 dollar ticket got a meet and greet with some of the TNA stars including AJ Styles, Beer Money, Matt Morgan, Madison Rayne, The Motor City Machine Guns, Suicide and Kaz. Kurt Angle signed at the merchandise table before the show. Don West was schilling the merchandise throughout the show.
1. Jeff Jarrett beat TV Champion AJ Styles in a non title match. The stipulation was if AJ won, than they couldn’t pass out any backstage passes. But if Jarrett won, he would pass them out after the match. Really good match between the 2. Jarrett won with The Stroke.
2. TNA Knockouts Champion Angelina Love (w/Velvet Sky) beat Madison Rayne. Angelina and Velvet got a big pop. Rayne had good heel heat.
3. Kaz beat Suicide. Pretty much a squash win for Kaz. Kaz got pretty good heel heat. Kaz played up the Fortune gimmick throughout.
4. TNA Tag Champions Motor City Machine Guns beat Beer Money. Great match. Midway through, Chris Sabin seemed to have injured his knee. He finished the match and was limping afterwards. You could see him explaining to Alex Shelley how it happened. It didn’t seem serious, but he was in visual pain and the post match celebration was cut short. The crowd was really into The Guns.
Kurt Angle came out and thanked everyone for coming out for the show. He than cut a promo saying he went to Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan and wanted a rematch with Jeff Hardy on Impact Thursday to see who would go to Bound For Glory.
Matt Morgan than came out and told Angle he wasn’t going to make it to Bound For Glory or even Impact. Rhino’s music than hit and Rhino attacked Morgan.
5. Matt Morgan beat Rhino. Solid match with Morgan getting booed out of the building throughout. Rhino made a brief comeback but missed a gore and Morgan finished him off with the big boot.
6. Mr. Anderson beat The Pope. Anderson got the biggest sustained face pop of the entire show. He did his usual pre mic routine and brought a little kid from the front row to help him with his catchphrase. Pope got a mild pop, but the fans were fully behind Anderson once the match started. Pope made a babyface comeback at the end, but the fans were still fully behind Anderson and booed anything The Pope did.
Anderson won with the Mic Check after a really good, long main event. He than thanked the fans for coming out, cut some jokes on JB, and even did a spoof on Stone Cold where he demanded two bottles of water, got on the turnbuckle, and bashed the water bottles together and poured them on his face, which got a monster pop.
After the show, some of the wrestlers returned to sign autographs and Anderson did the pics in the ring for 20 bucks.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?