ROH News Wire – http://www.rohwrestling.com/
ROH Video Wire – http://www.youtube.com/watch?
$5 Off Coupon for ROH in Louisville, St. Louis, & Chicago – http://www.facebook.com/
- We’re less than three days away from our huge Midwest tripleshot, and you can SAVE on tickets at the door! Check out the Official Ring of Honor Facebook page and find a $5.00 off coupon for General Admission tickets at the door in Louisville, KY on Thursday, Collinsville, IL on Friday, and Chicago, IL on Saturday! Take a look at our Facebook page for more information!
- We want to thank each and every fan that attended last weekend’s ROH on HDNet tapings at the Arena in South Philly. Thank you for braving the heat and humidity, and temperatures topped triple digits inside the building. We appreciate you more than you’ll ever know, and we’ll be back for more on August 20/21. Tickets for both days of taping are on sale now! Check out here for more!!!
- The World Title is at stake THIS SATURDAY night as the maniacal Kevin Steen challenges Tyler Black in Chicago. As we’ve seen in the last couple weeks on HDNet, Steen’s borderline insanity has him charged and ready to take Black to the limit; and after what happened after we went off the air in Philadelphia last weekend, those limits may have been pushed even further. As you will see in the next edition of the ROH Videowire, Black’s kind words to the Philadelphia faithful after our HDNet tapings were rudely interrupted by Steen, and chaos quickly erupted. It took more than 20 men to separate the two, and needless to say, took things ever closer to boiling over. This Saturday night in Chi-town, it comes to a head. Don’t miss out; Steen and Black have been red hot in 2010! Can Black hold off the darkness of Kevin Steen in Chicago? Get your tickets here!!
- ‘Tag Wars 2010’ kicked off last weekend in South Philly, but not without a bit of controversy! The Dark City Fight Club of Kory Chavis and Jon Davis withstood the test of the Embassy’s Shawn Daivari and Mr. Ernesto Osiris, but the big news came when Lance and Harlem Bravado scored an upset over the Super Smash Brothers to advance in the tournament. “This is by far the biggest win of our ROH careers,” said Harlem. “No one gave us a shot, and we take that as pure motivation. We feel like we’re getting better and better every day, and we can’t wait for the Semi-Finals!”
- Speaking of the Bravado Brothers, they’ve just been added to this Friday’s card in suburban St. Louis as they will oppose Josh Raymond and Christian Able – the House of Truth! Can the Bravados add another team to their upset list?
- Did you see the brutal Anything Goes Street Fight last night on HDNet? Colt Cabana and El Generico fell to Steve Corino and Kevin Steen in an all-out brawl that words cannot do justice to. In the span of 7 months, these four men have laid out a path of destruction that may be unrivalled in ROH. Now we brace ourselves for THIS FRIDAY NIGHT in Collinsville, IL and Hate: Chapter II as Kevin Steen meets El Generico one-on-one for only the second time since last December. Nothing more remains to be said. There is nothing but hatred between Steen and Generico and it remains to be seen what, if anything, will come from this war. Fans of St. Louis get ready: This one is going to be one for the ages. Get there if you can and be a part. Great tickets still remain for this Friday here. Please remember, this could get out of control quickly. This is your warning.
- The entire Ring of Honor family sends out heartfelt congratulations to the venerable Jerry Lynn on his induction into the Arena’s Hardcore Hall of Fame last weekend in Philadelphia. As a senior member of the ROH locker room, Jerry’s contributions both in and out of the ring are truly immeasurable, and we were happy to host the occasion. Footage from the surprise induction will be included in the upcoming ROH Videowire.
- It appears that Shane Hagadorn may have finally stepped over the line. Last weekend as part of the ROH on HDNet television tapings, Davey Richards battled Roderick Strong with Strong’s mandated World Title match at stake. Both Richards and Strong had agreed to leave their respective managers – Truth Martini and Shane Hagadorn – in the locker room and “settle the score like men”. As everyone will soon see on HDNet, Hagadorn would have none of it, and interjected against the wishes of Richards. After the bout, both Richards and Hagadorn were visibly angered, with words exchanged, and a thunderous right hand from Richards knocking Hagadorn senseless. ROH World Television Champion Eddie Edwards found himself in the middle, and after the fray, only offered a hurried “no comment” when asked about the future of the group. One would have to wonder what Hagadorn’s next move would be, and whether the ROH World Tag Team Champion Kings of Wrestling have anything to say about it. We’ll have more on this as it develops.
- Speaking of Eddie Edwards, confidential sources indicated to ROHWrestling.com that many wrestlers within Ring of Honor are now outwardly questioning the validity of Edwards’ “10 Minute Hunt”, and are wondering why their names are being ignored in favor of lesser known opponents. More to come.
- Don’t forget that you can still act on the “Buy 3, Get 2 FREE” sale, currently ongoing at ROHWrestling.com. Act now to get five DVDs for the price of three, as well as savings on tickets, and news on the ‘Death Before Dishonor VIII’ DVD preorder. Check out http://www.rohwrestling.com/