Thanks to Ashleigh Rose for sending this in:
I attended the Smackdown TV tapings in London last night and thought I'd pass on a few notes from the show.
- Arena was almost full, they blocked off the real nose-bleed seats but apart from that the arena was packed out.
- Matt Hardy defeated Carlito in a Superstars match. Most entertaining part of this was Hardy falling through the ropes on his entrance.
- The opening to NXT got a few boos and shout's of 'boring' and 'We want wrestling'. No surprise that England's Wade Barrett got the biggest pop of the rookies. Michael Tarver drew the most heat with chants of 'Who are ya' directed at him.
- Crowd was well into Smackdown opening big pop for Edge but a few 'Y2J' chants amongst the crowd too.
- Drew McIntyre was greeted with a lot of anti-Scotland chants but match with Kane was pretty subdued.
- Crowd quite into R-Truth although I'm glad their going with Ziggler and his new 'sleeper hold' gimmick - that boys got it all.
- No real interest in the Diva's match, apart from one fan shouting out 'I respect you as athletes'
- Straight Edge v Rey/Hart Dynasty was a really really good match. Rey and the Harts pulled off some great moves together and Rey got the biggest pop of the night.
- JTG v Caylan Croft the crowd were pretty flat. No one seems to be into the Cryme Tyme feud either.
- Main event was ok, not enough heat for Swagger yet but decent match.
- Dark match was Rey v CM Punk which Rey won with a similar ending to the WM26 Match
Overall good show, one of the better TV tapings in the UK and looking forward to the next tour in November. Also loved the WWE montages in-between shows.
1. Rey Mysterio
3. R Truth
4. Wade Barett (during NXT opening)
5. Chris Jericho
1. Michael Tarver
2. Drew McIntyre
3. Rest of the NXT rookies bar Barrett
4. Jack Swagger
5. CM Punk