…continued from page one
Notes About The Show:
– Courney Taylor was the ring announcer for the first half of the show, and Jillian Beyor was the ring announcer for the second half.
– Big E. Langston (along with regular color commentary specialist, Wade Barrett) was given another tryout as the play by play announcer as the search continues to replace ECW’s Byron Saxton.
– Penny Cash returned to action after being injured most of 2009.
– Before the Archer/Dibiase match, Alex Riley cut a great promo regarding him wanting to be the champion of the people and then proceeded to have some fan interaction. He asked fans why they didn’t like him with a mic for them to tell him why (one guy said "you’re an ass" and some old lady said "you have small balls"). Vance Archer cut a promo on how he is a superstar and the new face of ECW. During the Archer/Dibiase match Riley actually sat in the front row with fans cheering on Archer until Archer started losing and then he jumped the rail, attacked Joe and used his crutch on DiBiase. Riley continues to prove week in and week out that he is among the best talkers FCW has and someone that the WWE needs on the mic asap.
– Serena Mancini cut a promo (continuing the storyline from SmackDown) praising CM Punk and stating how she has been reborn. Once she said she was the most dominant diva in FCW, A.J. Lee came out and challenged her to a match next week for the Queen of FCW crown (she also brought up the fact that she is the only diva in FCW to beat Mancini and on more than one occasion). This led to a brawl between the two that was pulled apart by the refs.
– Joe Hennig came out using a crutch this week confirming that he is injured as theorized in last week’s report.
– The fatal four-way match stood out as it told a great story with three heels trying to out heel each other after triple teaming the face Banderas for much of the match.
– The main event was awesome with Croft & Beretta (even in defeat) further proving why they deserve to be superstars. Two amazing singles talents, Kaval and Justin Angel, worked very well as a tag team.
– Those noticeably missing from the show included Dawson Alexander, Derrick Bateman, Eli Cottonwood, Skip Sheffield, Titus O’Neill, and Abraham Washington
*** special thanks to Luis Salgado for providing the information for this week’s report
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?