Thanks to Jerry Sharp & ProWrestling.net
The Quicken Loans Arena was about 2/3 full, not bad I guess for a house show.
The show started off with Teddy Long coming out to announce that he had good news and bad news. The bad news is that Undertaker couldn’t be here today. The good news is…. Then Jericho came out to interrupt since he was supposed to wrestle Taker for the World Heavyweight Championship in the main event. Chris demanded that he be given the championship since Taker didn’t show up, and Teddy told him that if you beat the special person he brought in to take Undertaker’s spot, then Jericho will be the number one contender this Friday on Smackdown. That special person is The Game Triple H!!!
1. Drew McIntyre defeated R Truth, Matt Hardy, and John Morrison in a Fatal Four Way for the Intercontinental Championship. Morrison and Truth by far got the biggest reception in this match. McIntrye hit his finisher on Hardy for the win.
2. Mickie James and Maria defeated Layla and Beth Phoenix. Maria was the one that drew the biggest pop this time, why besides her looks, I have no idea. Mickie won with the Chick Kick. Pretty boring match.
3. Tyler Reks defeated Golddust. This match was the bathroom break match for a lot of people there. During Reks’s entrance there was a lot of people yelling "who are you"… Golddust did receive a modest pop though.
4. The Hart Dynasty defeated Jimmy Wang Yang and Slam Master J. The Hart Dynasty was really trying hard to get the crowd to hate them, and they succeeded. The Hart Dynasty won with the Hart Attack. They need to re-tool Jesse again, this persona is not working either.
5. Christan beat Ezekial Jackson to retain the ECW Championship. Christian was over huge with this crowd, and won with the Killswitch/Unprettier.
Continued on page two …
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?