Thanks to Cory Olson & F4WOnline.com
1) MVP defeated Jack Swagger in the opener. Swagger told Justin Roberts to inform the crowd that he was a proud alumnus of the University of Oklahoma, to get heat from the University of Nebraska fans. MVP then told Roberts that’s because Swagger couldn’t get into Nebraska. A good opener, that saw MVP block the gut wrench power bomb and hit the Playmaker for the pin.
They had Eve Torres up in the crowd asking some kids where Wrestlemania was going to be this year. They answered correctly and got to move to ringside seats. WWE did this same gimmick last time with Layla, and interestingly enough in almost the exact same spot in the arena.
2) Evan Bourne defeated Johnny Curtis. Curtis did mic work telling the crowd to keep watching Raw, especially to see him make a name for himself in the next few months. Curtis had control most of the match, but in the end Bourne hit a roundhouse kick from the apron, then nailed the Shooting Star for the pin. Curtis looked fine, but didn’t really stand out as someone who might be a big star–just kind of that typical WWE developmental guy. On the way to the back, Bourne got attacked in the aisle by Cody Rhodes for some reason. Primo then came to Evan’s rescue and this led to the next match.
3) Cody Rhodes pinned Primo Colon. Without any ring introductions, it took some fans a few minutes to realize that Primo was Cody’s opponent. Cody got the win with Cross Rhodes.
4) Gail Kim and The Bella Twins defeated Maryse, Jillian Hall, and Alicia Fox. Santino Marella was special ref for this one and not surprisingly, did a lot of comedy spots. In a random trivia note, I think the Bellas were the only ones who wrestled on this show as well as the August one, since they were on ECW at the time. A decent match. Gail got the pin on Jillian with a facebreaker-type move, where she pulled Jillian’s face into her boot.
5) Chris Masters beat Carlito. I’m fine with the idea of giving Masters new music since he’s a face, but they need something less generic! People had no clue it was Masters until Justin Roberts announced his name. Masters got the win with the Masterlock.
Continued on page two …
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?