Thanks to Tim Gormann for sending in this live report of the Melbourne "Hulkamania" show:
I’ve noticed that Wrestlezone has already reported the Melbourne Hulkamania show results, so I will give you some further notes:
– The venue was probably 80-85% sold out.
– Best bout of the night (from wrestling perspective) was Spartan 3000 v Shannon Moore.
– Spartan 3000 appeared to be a last minute replacement for Paul London who was advertised, but did not participate in the event.
– Brian Christopher was another surprise participant.
– During the tag match featuring the Pimp Father (AKA the God Father), some people in the crowd were yelling out references to Papa Shango.
– During Brian Christopher’s tag bout a pocket of fans in the front rows began chanting, "Jerry’s boy" a few times. He didn’t seem to mind.
– Not surprisingly, during Ken Anderson’s match, many fans yelled out, "Kennedy!"
– The audience did not seem to appreciate Brutus Beefcake’s see-through ring attire!
– Twice before Hogan vs Flair the ring announcer asked the crowd to chant, "Hogan! Hogan!" etc to support him. Afterward he told us we had been recorded and would be used in the multimedia introductions for the remaining 3 dates on the tour.
– Hogan vs Flair was the least impressive match of the night due to Hogan’s sluggish pace and lack of physical ability these days. Flair would have done better against another opponent, but once the entrances were over, the two men looked embarrassing.
– Final impression after the main event was that Hogan has no business stepping into the ring in TNA.
– Eric Bischoff did not participate in the event, but fans with a keen eye would have seen him (behind the curtain) embrace Hogan, as he exited the arena after posing to the crowd following his victory over Flair.
BEST POPS OF THE NIGHT:
1) Hulk Hogan
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?