The following are highlights from the latest online blog of Hall Of Famer WWE announcer Jim Ross:
- As I wrote earlier in the week, the potential of a WWE Channel is another positive. There are virtually unlimited ways to create new programming notwithstanding the Legends Roundtables, watching DVD releases w/ the talents involved with the production, daily blocks of World Class, AWA, ect has credence. Producing internet "radio shows" along the line of ESPN’s Mike and MIke, etc would work. Producing a specfic number of hours of daily programming and then repeating it seems doable. The potential is really limitless.
- It will be interesting to see how Wrestlemania 26 gets out of the box for Phoenix. It’s a great time to be a fan. There will be several days of activities for fans making the trip to the valley of the sun. I’ve attended a Fiesta Bowl there and the facility is incredible.
- Friday Night Smackdown seemed to be a solid 2 hours with more in ring content than talk. It looks as if SD will comprise a fair amount of content for Survivor Series later this month. I sure hope that I’ll be ready to go by then but that is far from probable.
- Grisham and Striker are beginning to mesh as a solid broadcast duo and their efforts will continue to be a work in progress which is to be expected. I like their potential. Their progress may see yours truly assume another role TBD upon my return which works for me. I feel that I’m fortune to be able to help the team in a variety of ways. All of that is up in the air and is pure speculation until I’ve been medically cleared. Maybe there is a there man booth in my future especially on selected PPV’s. Who knows but I for one am not concerned. Just anxious to get back in the game.
- My headaches are lessening in frequency but issues w/ my right eye persists and my tongue is still numb. Bells palsy just takes time and patience to heal. I’m not long on the patience aspect of that formula. Watching me eat hot soup is, admittedly, entertaining.
Check out the full blog at www.JRsBarBQ.com.