The following are highlights from the latest online blog entry of WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross:
– Hulk Hogan is ALL over the news this week which re-establishes the premise that Hulk is one of the greatest, self promoters of all time…BROTHER! Now, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing as any independent contractor who is entrepreneurial in spirit such as a pro wrestler has to have the ability to promote one’s self in order to survive over time. Hogan is an old school guy, in many ways, so "keeping one’s self over" is nothing new and many guys have raised that skill to an art form but none better than Hulk.
– Hogan makes big news this week launching his new book, talking Australian tour, and briefly mentioning TNA on what I saw of his Larry King appearance Tuesday night of which "Ol Lar" phoned it in. Thank goodness for Larry’s producers and their questions. No, Mr. King, Laila Ali is NOT Muhammad’s wife, she’s his daughter.
– Matt Striker will join Todd Grisham as the new Friday Night SmackDown broadcast team beginning this week. I am anxious to hear the duo at work and will be anxiously awaiting their show on MyNetworkTV this week. One never knows, this may become the new, young "it" team in WWE and time will tell as their chemistry evolves. I communicated with both guys on Tuesday and really hope that they do well. All TV producers love youth and look and these two young guys have those bases covered plus they are talented.
– We went through another battery of tests yesterday which was one of my more challenging days physically with all the running around seeing a variety of doctors. I do not have the test results back but hope to hear something in a day or two. We are in the process of trying to eliminate issues that could be causing my problems which gets a little dicey when one doesn’t know and is told to "be patient."
– A friend emailed me and asked if I thought that Steve Austin was going to join Hogan on Hulk’s latest venture. The question was somewhat amusing and as Gorilla would have said, "highly unlikely." That may be putting it some what mildly in our PG rated space. I want to make it clear that isn’t something that I spoke to Steve about but I feel somewhat certain that my assumption is accurate.
– I’ll be on the radio today in Houston at 5 central time on AM1560 The Fan with Sean and John talking a little OU football and college football. You can hear it at www.am1560thegame.com.
Check out the full blog online at JR’s official website: www.JRsBarBQ.com.