Greg Korzydlo sent along the following:
I attented my first Live WWE show in quite some time yesterday afternoon in Johnstown, PA. There was a very low turn-out, probably around 1200 people. The Cambria County War Memorial Arena holds roughly 7500. I thought it was very good card with some impressive performances.
Here are the results with some commentary:
1. Cryme Tyme Defeated The hart Dynasty. Shad pinned Smith, good match, crowd was big in into CT, though I prefer the Harts. JTG played heel in peril for most of the match. Tyson Kidd is definitely a star waiting to happen. Natalya was great at antagonizing the ringside crowd. Hope she gets a run with the title sooner than later.
2. Mike Knox defeated Jimmy Wang Yang. This was the worst match on the show. Crowd was not interested in either man. Knox pretty much dominated this one.
3. Melina defeated Leyla. Very good match, Leyla is much better that what she gets to show when she Jobs on TV. Melina was way over with the crowd, just the announcement of the Diva’s match drew a huge cheer.
4. Shamus defeated the Hurricane. Good back and forth match, really thought Hurricane would go over here as they seem to be building him back up on TV. These two were very evenly matched and put on a good show. Shamus cut a heel promo and got major heat. Hurricane was over huge.
5. John Morrison defeated Dolph Ziggler. These two guys really showed why they are both the future of the WWE. Ziggler is a great heel and stalled for a good 5 minutes before the match even started. They put on a great contest that really involved the crowd. Morrison finally won with Starship Pain, which is an amazing move to see live.
6. William Regal, Ezekila Jackson & Vladamir Kozlov defeated Tommy Dreamer, Yoshi Tatsu and Tyler Reks. ECW manager Tiffany came out to introduce this one, and selected a kid from the audience to be her asst. manager. He got to ring the bell for the match. Regal is a fantastic heel, and stalled for a ridiculously long time at the start. The heels mostly dominated the match and ended with Regal pinning Tatsu. Entertaining but slow at times. Reks has potential if they develop his charcterer more. The big problem with this match was that only Regal and Dreamer were seasoned enough to know how to work the crowd. The other 4 guys are just to raw or dont have enough personality to them yet.
7. Great Khali defeated kane by DQ. Wow, Khali is really bad in the ring. He lumbers around and just looks awkward. Kane got a decent pop, and khali got cheered. Kane used a kendo stick to earn the DQ. Crowd was into this one because of the spectacle of it but it was a really ugly match to watch.
8. World Champion CM Punk Defeated IC champ Rey Mysterio. Very good match. Punk is awesome as a heel. He Really know how to work the crowd and you wold have thought there was 3x’s as many people there based on the volume of the jeers he got. Rey was over huge. I really wanted to start a "you got suspended chant" but figured that most of the people there would have not clue what i was talking about. These two have good chemistry in the ring and put on quite a show. Punk won with the GTS when Rey missed the 619. Lots of dissappointed little kids at the end.
Overall a very good show with only two clunkers. Kane & Khali was at least entertaining if sloppy. The WWE does not come around here too often so I was shocked at how low of a turnout they had.