WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross recently updated his official website — JRsBarBQ.com — with a new blog entry.
In the blog, JR talks about last night’s RAW, tonight’s WWE TV tapings in Memphis, his memories of the late Junkyard Dog and more. The following are news highlights from the blog:
- Nice match between Kofi Kingston & MVP w/ Kofi taking another step up the ladder by winning the US Title. Kofi has "it" and has the tools to become a star. Really nice kid. I talked to MVP early in the day Monday about his prom date over the weekend w/ The View’s Sherri Shepherd. MVP said he actually had a good time and the relationship may actually have legit legs. Love works in mysterious ways, you know? MVP said they were taking things "slowly." Good plan.
- Yes, the Hog Pen match is going to get "sloppy" between Vickie Guerrero and "Santina" Sunday at Extreme Rules.
- I thought Monday’s RAW was a stronger outing than the RAW from L.A.
- Today marks the 11th year anniversary of the car accident death of my friend the Junkyard Dog, Sylvester Ritter. Dog was never a great wrestler but had a magnificent presence, charisma, and was a superbly effective communicator. The WWE HOF’er became a star in Bill Watts’ Mid South Wrestling under the learning tree of Watts and Ernie Ladd. No doubt that next week the JYD memories will be prevalent when WWE is in New Orleans & Lafayette. I sure miss my domino games with Dog and The Big Cat. I am honored. to have know both men and they both taught me so much about African American athletes. JYD died in a car accident on June 2, 1998. I can’t tell you the hell Watts caught from many white, wrestling promoters because of the way Watts positioned JYD and Ernie in the Cowboy’s company. The Junkyard Dog will always be know as one of wrestling’s greatest "attractions."
- Tonight is the last Smackdown here in Memphis before Sunday’s PPV and we’ll do all we can to make it a memorable show. I expect it to be built around the Edge/Jeff Ladder match for the World Title & the IC Title bout between Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho.
You can check out the complete blog online at JRsBarBQ.com.