WWE announcer Jim Ross has posted his latest online blog entry at JRsBarBQ.com. Below are some news highlghts from the blog:
– It is regrettable that WWE decided to release Mr. Kennedy, that ring name will be long gone, as he was at the age to really begin to come into his own. Injuries have plagued the Wisconsin native for a good part of his career but as best I know Kennedy is 100% as we speak. Without question, Kennedy has a definable upside and he will hopefully continue his journey in this biz and make his dreams become realties. Take it from me being released isn’t the end of the world and things in our lives have a way of working out for the best unless one throws in the towel and simply says "what the hell?" As I mentioned before, a change of scenery sometimes is what the doctor ordered. Hopefully this will work out for the best for all involved. For the record, I do not know why Kennedy was released and look at that matter as none of my business.
– My uninformed guess is that Kofi Kingston might well win a fan favorite bout against MVP Monday night in Birmingham on Raw and become the new United States Champion. My reasoning? MVP had his prom date experience with Sherri Sheppard this weekend which I am speculating will alter Montel’s game on Monday night. MVP & Sherri do make a cute couple and I assume this date will be discussed on ABC’s "The View" at some point.
– Over 5,000 fans attended a WWE live event in Chattanooga on Saturday night. That’s the building that my pal Bob Caudle and I were broadcasting a "Clash of the Champions" from and some one nailed Bob with an egg that was intended for Jim Cornette. In those days the announce table butted right up against the ring and our table was in the bad guy’s corner. That never happened again. We went to a neutral corner which worked much better.
– Huge crowd in Mexico City Saturday night with over 20,000 fans in the arena grossing a whopping $650K at the box office. I wonder how many Rey Mysterio masks were sold on the four day WWE tour of Mexico?
– Someone needs to help the WGN voice over guy how to pronounce Cena as in CEE-NA and not SAY-NA. Come on brother work with us.
– I am flying from OKC to Houston to Birmingham to broadcast one bout with Todd "Gel Man" Grisham Monday night which I hear through the grapevine might be a tag bout involving Rey Mysterio and a partner vs. Chris Jericho and a partner. Rey won’t have any issues finding a partner but the same can’t be said for "Lexicon Madness" as opposed to "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho.
– When will we next see Ric Flair in a WWE ring? Will it be as early as Monday Night? Naitch called me late Friday night and told me he would see me in a few days, whatever that means. It was late and it was Friday night and it was loud where ever Ric was which I assume wasn’t the public library. Flair "wrestling" in WWE still seems unlikely. Ric wrestling outside the USA seems like a gimme.
Check out the complete blog at JRsBarBQ.com.
IMPORTANT SITE NOTE: WrestleZone.com will be featuring updated news content much faster from now on due to a recent error that was corrected in the system. For more information on that, read this quick post.