NOTE: I will be doing these columns throughout the week, mostly for Raw and Impact! reviews. Nick will be doing his version of a Raw review, along with Smackdown each week. The following are my random thoughts – some serious, some not – as I watched Raw this morning. They do go along with the live show; it’s not a recap. Feel free to email your thoughts and opinions at email@example.com.
– It’s still crazy to hear people actually chanting "Jarrett".
– It’s funny how Jeff Jarrett calls it "TNA Management" when he’s apart of it, Mick’s supposed to be apart of it, and he puts over every chance he can how he’s the "owner" of the company.
– Jarrett announces he’s the fourth man in the four-way at Sacrifice and although he hasn’t announced it yet, I have high hopes he puts up his guitar as the "sacrifice". I would then even put up with Mick Foley as my TNA Heavyweight Champion for another month if it allowed us to never see that thing again.
– Okay, so he’s putting up his voting shares. Whatever.
– Why does Mick act like he’s out of breath all the time nowadays? I guess it’s for effect, but I’m not sure.
– I like the line-up though for tonight. That’s the way to try and build up a pay per view. Put each of the four men in warm-up matches and make them compete against decent people. However, if each of the men Mick just announced – Joe, Morgan, and E.Y. – end up being buried, I’ll be pissed and take everything back.
– I wish TNA would quit putting over the damn New Japan titles. It’s just stupid to me and discredits the official TNA Tag Team Championships, which should be the only tag titles focused on within the company.
– I can’t obviously get into the Suicide/Daniels thing because I obviously know the "real" details, but I think they’ve actually done a pretty good job with it’s delivery. Casual fans, specifically kids, are probably really into this storyline.
– What a great match between Lethal Consequences, MCMG, and Daniels/Suicide. These guys just work so well together and make it look easy. I wish the Guns were at the top of the Tag Team division constantly rather than being in the dog house constantly. There’s not one team in wrestling today that’s more exciting to watch in the ring.
– On paper, Sacrifice looks good. Joe and Nash, Booker and AJ, the tag team finals, and the main event should be enough. However, I’ve said that many times in the past and am normally disappointed.
– Loved the Booker/Nash workout segment.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?