NOTE: I will be doing these columns throughout the week, mostly for Raw and Impact! reviews. Nick will be doing his version of a Raw review, along with Smackdown each week. The following are my random thoughts – some serious, some not – as I watched Raw this morning. They do go along with the live show; it’s not a recap. Feel free to email your thoughts and opinions at email@example.com.
– Other "journalists" seem to always be critical of Randy Orton’s promos, but I think he comes across as an evil, maniacal madman when he talks. That’s probably not what WWE’s going for, though, so I can see why everyone else downs him.
– He does need to draw heat a little better, though.
– Ratings are down, so why not bring Flair out at the very beginning of the show rather than saving him for later.
– So, that was it? That’s what we got as a Ric Flair "return"? I’m not sure that was the best way to maximize his appearance, but overall, I enjoyed the opening segment.
– Orton vs Batista in a cage is set…yeah’k.
– How sweet would it have been if Cena’s run-in was highlighted and rather than helping Batista and Flair, he pulled a Hogan and turned heel. Just out of nowhere. Yep – now, that would be unexpected and cool.
– What happened to Todd Grisham?
– And speaking of Josh Matthews, I feel for the guy, but I’m always looking at his nose when he’s on television waiting for it to bleed again out of nowhere!
– We’ve reported recently on WrestleZone that Vince McMahon is apparently "down" on the Divas division, and I don’t mean "going down" on them either. So, either he’s gay and just now coming out of the closet (what a story that would be), or he’s hypocritical and contradicting because he’s out on a division that he, himself, has brought to this level…if you can even call it a level.
– Dear Kelly Kelly (Kelly, as I prefer Santino’s version of your name),
My name is Chris Cash and I’m so excited that you won the Battle Royal last night on Raw and earned a title shot at that mean, albeit hot, Maryse. I’m not excited because I am looking forward to the actual match, however. That would obviously be silly of me. I’m excited because you and Maryse in the ring together is saving me money. I can now unsubscribe to two of the (more than two) porn sites I subscribe to. Thank you and I appreciate it.
With absolute love,
PS: Is Vince McMahon gay?
– Santino is pure gold. Gold, I tell you!
– However, why is Santino and Chavo working together in a semi-serious feud? It’s a complete waste of time to have two guys that are not going anywhere anytime soon working a program together.
– I won’t say anything about Matt Hardy’s performance because I don’t write the "only version" of a Raw review that he likes and respects.
NOTE: Read page two by clicking below.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?