WWW.NWAANARCHY.NET NWA ANARCHY SITE
WWW.NWA-WILDSIDE.COM NWA WILDSIDE SITE
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/NWA_ANARCHY NWA ANARCHY MYSPACE SITE
WWW.NWAWRESTLING.COM NWA SITE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CTELQrACIM NWA ANARCHY AD ON YOU TUBE
Iâ<80><99>m recording weekly segments on WHOâ<80><99>s SLAMMING WHO @
This weekâ<80><99>s report addresses my visit to Raw in Atlanta, and Recent TNA Booking
NWA ANARCHY TV TAPING 11-29-08
AZRAEL w/THE REV VS BO NEWSOME
TALENT & MONEY VS NEW WAVE
ANDREW ALEXANDER VS KYLE MATTHEWS
PHIL SHATTER w/BAILEY VS MIKAL JUDAS
TRUITT FIELDS has challenged NWA ANARCHY CHAMPION, ICEBERG,
FAN SELECTION MEGA RUMBLE
MIKE MOSLEY ADRIAN HAWKINS ALAN FUNK
SPECIAL SURPRISE FINAL ENTRANT
Plus: Jerry Palmer
NWA ANARCHY TV TAPING REPORT 11-15-08
A crowd that numbered right at 200 professional wrestling fans gathered at the Church of Southern Wrestling for the Fright Night 2008 follow up card, which also happened to be an international television taping for NWA Anarchy Wrestling. The event kicked off with NWA Anarchy Owner Jerry Palmer addressing the arena faithful regarding a variety of topics including a special Anarchy show on Novemver 29. He discussed upcoming events, highlighted by Season’s Beatings 2008 which will take place on December 20th. This was all capped off by the promised “reintroduction” of Melissa Coates. As Jerry had promised, the next time she showed up in the arena we’d hardly recognize her. Melissa dressed in a classy and sophisticated outfit and for the first time in a long time carried her head with dignity and pride. Jerry Palmer promised Coates the opportunity to show her
NWA Anarchy host Greg Hunter opened the card by announcing 7 of the 8 participants named for the Young Lions Contender Tournament. We were informed that we’d be seeing Adrian Hawkins, Bo Newsome, “Do or Die” Chip Day, “The Obsession” Caleb Conley, “2 Hot for TV” Kyle Matthews, “The Wizard of Ahhhhs” Andrew Alexander & the returning “Attraction” Hayden Young all locking horns in a single elimination 8 man tournament to determine who will face Slim J for the Young Lions Championship at Season’s Beatings 08, and that the tournament began tonight with our opening bout:
1) Adrian Hawkins defeated “The Obsession” Caleb Konley via pinfall in around 6 minutes to advance to round 2. Both men came into this bout with much to prove. Adrian Hawkins was still stinging from coming up short against Slim J for the title at Fright Night. Hawkins gave it his all in what ended up being quite a memorable bout, but he just couldn’t put away the only grand slam winner in NWA Arena history. Now, he’s got to start from scratch and work his way past 7 other competitors who want the same thing he does. Caleb Konley being one of those men. Konley is a young man who’s quite a skilled grappler, he’s just had a string of unfortunate luck. He’s been pegged as a potential break out star from his earliest days of being scouted by NWA officials but timing has just not been his ally, therefore he’s yet to really clinch that key victory that could propel him to the next level and unfortunately this night was no exception. Hawkins shows more moxy, and with his willingness to cut corners, he’s able to find a way around Konley and advance to round 2.
On the NWA Wrestlevision, we see some exclusive locker-room footage of Kyle Matthews & Bo Newsome discussing their potential match-ups in
2) “The Seven Figure Deal” Ace Rockwell defeated Mike Mosely via pinfall after the Aces High in around 7:30. Rockwell was riding high coming into this bout after becoming the first man to survive a full 5 minutes against “The Butcher Of
3) NWA Anarchy Tag Team Championship Bout:
4) The returning “Attraction” Hayden Young defeated “Do or Die” Chip Day with the Flying Squirell in round 1 of the Young Lions Contender Tournament in around 8 minutes, advancing to round two. This match featured the unique fast paced action that the we’ve come to expect in the Young Lion’s division. It looked for a moment that
5) The Technicians (Tyler Smith & Bobby Moore) vs. The Wild Bunch (Billy Buck & Chris King) never even began as they brawled to a no contest immediately. The Wild Bunch showed on this night that they were fed up with the abuse and bullying of The Technicians. Over the past few months, King & Buck have been on the shelf nursing injuries they received at the hands of the Technicians as Smith & Moore began their 2008 arm breaking crusade. Saturday night, they hit the ring like a herd of wild broncos and with no mind for the bell or the referees warnings, simply put, kicked The Technicians asses up one side and down the other all over the NWA Arena. Security and officials finally intervened to pull these two teams off each other and this fans, is
6) NWA Anarchy Young Lions Championship Bout:
– NWA Anarchy host Greg Hunter invited “The People’s Champ” Shadow Jackson into the ring for an exclusive interview and announcement. Jackson received the ear splitting ovation that we’ve grown accustomed to. Greg had the pleasure of letting Shadow and the rest of the world know that due to gaining the pinfall over NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Champion Iceberg in the Trick or Treat tag team match at Fright Night 2008, Shadow Jackson has been named the #1 contender to the NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Championship and will face the champion Iceberg at Season’s Beatings 2008 on December 20th, for the title. Greg also informed us, however, that the NWA Championship Committee has made this match a 3 way dance, and before he could get any further, Jeff G. Bailey returned to ringside, this time with the “Universal Soldier”
7) The Devil’s Rejects (NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Champion: Iceberg, “The Son Of Satan” Azrael & “The Sleeper Cell” Shaun Tempers) with The Reverend defeated “Merciless” Don Matthews & Culture Shock (Lane Norris & “Outlaw” Ben Woods) via pinfall in around 10 minutes when Iceberg pinned Matthews with a belly to belly suplex. This was certainly the biggest in ring test to date for the team of Culture Shock as they locked horns with the self proclaimed “Lords Of Chaos”, one of the most dominating factions in Anarchy history. All things considered, they didn’t do half bad. Both men went toe to toe with various Rejects members during the bout and they put up quite a fight. Don Matthews knows what its like to face the The Rejects as he’s gone toe to toe with Iceberg once in the past. The Rejects zeroed in on the smallest man in the match, but by no means a small man in Lane Norris and isolated him. The Rejects had set up an illegal assault with the Staff Of Righteousness as The Rev got referee Ken Wallace’s attention and Iceberg tossed Tempers the staff. Again, Shaun Tempers refused to break the rules, thinking about it for a moment, but ultimately dropping the staff and going to a clean attack, much to the rest of the Rejects dismay. This hesitation, while perhaps courageous, cost Tempers dearly as Norris had time to recover and make the tag and Don Matthews came in guns blazing, hitting the lariat on anything in sight. When the ring cleared it came down to Matthews & Iceberg. Matthews hit the BFK on the champion and was winding up for the lariat when “The Allstar” Jay Clinton came to ringside. He only got Don’s attention for a few split seconds, but that was enough for the Anarchy Heavyweight Champion to pounce, as Iceberg hit the belly to belly for the 1, 2, 3.
– We thought the event had come to a close when The Reverend grabbed the mic and called Shaun Tempers back into the ring, and stated that he needed a word with him. The Rev proceeded to verbally abuse Tempers over what happened at Fright Night, stating that they had a plan and it was very simple and somewhere along the way, Tempers stopped following the plan and it cost him. Now if that wasn’t bad enough, he refused to follow the plan tonight and had it not been for Iceberg, they’d have been defeated by a team that had no business defeating them. He accused Tempers of believing his own hype, stating that he plucked him from tag team obscurity and made him a superstar, and that’s how he repays him? The Rev then slapped the taste out of Tempers mouth, and told him to get in line and they could forget all about this embarassment. Tempers thought about it for a moment, and KNOCKED THE REVEREND OUT COLD! This of course meant an immediate attack by his now former associates Iceberg and Azrael on Tempers and The Rejects beat their former “brother” to a pulp. After hitting two
Notes: NWA Anarchy returns to the NWA Arena on November 29th with a special holiday charity event. That event will be headlined by the colossal encounter between “The Priest Of Punishment” Mikal Judas and “The Universal Solider” Phil Shatter with Jeff G. Bailey with the winner joining Shadow Jackson and NWA Anarchy Heavyweight Champion Iceberg in a 3 way dance for the Anarchy title at Season’s Beatings 08
NWA ANARCHY TV EPS #145 ONLINE NOW at www.nwaanarchy.net/online.html
MATCH #1 BRODY & COATES VS ROSE & NEWSOME
NWA Anarchy TV Report by Ca$hFlowX
WRESTLING: (n.) â<80><99>res-ling A sport of contest in which two individuals face off in unarmed combat.
– Welcome to NWA Anarchy, this is PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING~! This week on NWA Anarchy, Ace Rockwell counteracts the Dynamic Duo by teaming with Chad Parham’s old tag partner Luke Hawx, and Mr. Adonis challenges Truitt Fields for the NWA Anarchy TV Title.
1. “NWA Anarchy’s Whipping Boy” TK Kross defeated “Kurtis Blow’s Favorite Wrestler” Kareem Abdul Jamar and Anthony “Don’t Call Me Mark” Henry and Chris “Young Lion’s” Mayne.
2. “Straight to VCR” Jeff Lewis & “Some Random Jobber” Jay Clinton defeated “Merciless” Don Matthews & Bo “Knows This, Bo Knows That, Bo Knows How to Wrestle, but Bo Can’t Rap” Newsome.
3. Malachi pinned Kaleb “Who Needs Sex” Conley.
– “The Master of Ceremonial Disasters” Greg Hunter heads out to interview the new NWA Anarchy Tag Team Champions the New Wave. The last time Hunter interviewed anyone was the New Wave. Hunter upheld his reputation by having Bailey rambling about how awesome the NWA Elite are to only have them get embarrassed by the New Wave. Hunter runs down the list of opponents they have defeated which sounds like a who’s who of tag teams in NWA Anarchy. The New Wave act the old school humble babyfaces until Talent & Money proclaims themselves a real tag team. Then all comers head out to answer the challenge, the Friday Night Franchise, the Technicians, the Big Time Playaz, the Hollywood Brunettes and the Real NWA Elite. Oh, wait a minute, it is the real NWA Elite… Bill Behrens himself. Behrens orders the New Wave to the back and books a battle royal with the last team standing earning themselves a title shot. I can live with that.
4. The Technicians (Bob E & Tyler Smith) won a seven team battle royal to become the #1 contender to the NWA Anarchy Tag Team Titles.
5. “0% Body Fat” Truitt Fields pinned “the Lord of Man*pulative Tactics” Jeremy Vain w/Mr. Rob Adonis to retain the NWA Anarchy TV Title.
6. The Dynamic Duo (“the Caped Crusader” Chad Parham & “Boy Wonder” Seth Delay) defeated “The Seven Figured Deal” Ace Rockwell & “Altar Boy” Luke Hawx.
OVERALL: This episode kicked into high gear once all JIP matches took place. There was way too many matches by Anarchy’s standards and hurt the overall product. However, the last two matches saved the show. Please, no more JIP matches when a short video package or short skit is better.
NWA Prime Time Pro Wrestling
The opening match was great tag team action in a Tag Team Title Match. Chip Day & Kyle Matthews were great challengers but the Champions Simon Sermon & Thomas Britain retained the titles by winning the match. Time is growing short as the tag team champs threaten to take the titles with them when their contract is up in 2 more weeks unless their demands are met.
Jimmy Rave was victorious over Josh Stone in the second match.
In the 3rd match Killer Instinct, “The Real Deal” Jake Slater & Mean Mike Stratus, reunited as a tag team to take on the amazing tag team of Frankie Valentine & Ace Rockwell. Valentine & Rockwell won the match with some amazing moves and holds, but after the match Sonny Siaki once again invaded the arena and attacked Rockwell leaving him lying in a heap and then disappearing again. It took several people to help Rockwell out of the arena.
In the 4th match, Sal Rinauro was the winner over Bulldog Raines, thanks to some outside help from Colt Derringer. Raines & Derringer will not let up on each other.
There was not a clear winner in the match that pitted Micah Taylor against Colt Derringer. The match ended when Sonny Siaki once again bolted into the ring and grabbed Taylor’s wife Tracy by the neck. He threatened to break Tracy’s neck if the show was not shut down right now. David Young came to the ring but was held back by Siaki’s threats to harm Tracy Taylor. Ultimately, David Young convinced Siaki to settle this feud in the ring on the 28th. Knowing that Siaki is crazy enough to do anything, a match was set for the 28th between David Young and Sonny Siaki with the stipulation that if Siaki wins, NWA Prime Time will close its doors and Siaki’s allegiance to GCW will be rewarded. If Siaki loses the match he agreed to go back across the river and stay.
In the main event, Bad Company’s David Young & Chris Stevens defeated 2 heavyweight champions. Deathrow is the current reigning heavyweight champ of NWA Prime Time, and his tag team partner, Iceberg, is the current reigning champ of NWA Anarchy. Ultimately, Deathrow & Iceberg defeated themselves when Iceberg attempted to throw some type of powder into the eyes of David Young, but Young ducked and Iceberg hit his own partner Deathrow in the eyes. Iceberg went to check on his partner but being blinded by the powder, Deathrow thought it was an opponent and put a devastating choke slam on Iceberg who then got pinned. After Young & Stevens left the ring, Iceberg and Deathrow began to slap each other around blaming each other for the loss. These 2 men are both huge monsters and they need to settle their differences before their match for the tag titles on the 28th.
For more information on NWA PTPW, go to:
NWA Prime Time Pro Wrestling
MAIN EVENT FOR THE SURVIVAL OF PTPW: Prime Time’s David Young vs GCW’s Sonny Siaki. If David Young loses this match, Promoter Billy Roper has agreed to close down NWA Prime Time Pro Wrestling. If Sonny Siaki loses this match, Siaki has agreed to go back to GCW and stop the invasion. This promises to be the match of the year!
LADIES TAG TEAM ACTION: Daffnee & Tracy Taylor vs Jenny Right & April O’Neil
COWBELL/BULLROPE MATCH: Bulldog Raines vs Colt Derringer in a special challenge match
TAG TEAM MATCH: Chip Day & Kyle Matthews vs Killer Instinct (Jake Slater & Mike Stratus)
TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: NWA Prime Time Champion Deathrow & NWA Anarchy Champion Iceberg vs NWA Prime Time Tag Champions Simon Sermon & Thomas Britain for the tag titles
OPENING MATCH: “Too Hot To Handle” Frankie Valentine vs Josh Stone in a high-flying battle
For more information on NWA PTPW, go to:
NWA ANARCHY/APW RESULTS ROYSTON, GA 11/21/08
Dany Only & Stryknyn THE HATE JUNKIES defeated Sgt SWAT and Aiden Blair
Brandon Parker & Anthony Henry defeated Kareem Abdul Jamar & Bo Newsom
Chris King defeated North Georgia Champion Seth Delay by Countout
Dustin Michaels defeated Shadow Jackson after Jeremy Vain nailed Shadow with a steel chair outside of the ring. After the match the attack continued and Shadow was helped out of the building to recieve medical attention.
Brad Logan picked up his first win in APW pinning Aaron Lee
Southern States Champion Billy Buck defeated Skirra Corvus
NWA East/ PWX
“First Klass” Brandon K def. Patrick Hayes
The Franchise Players (Jon Kronica & Robert Beverly) def. Chris LeRusso in a handicap match
NWA East Three Rivers Champion “Division 1” James Ross def. Gregory Iron, Apollyon, and “Syko” Sean Dahmer in a 4-way elimination match
NWA National Champion Crusher Hansen def. Blue Dragon
The French Ticklers (Nasty Nick Crane & Lord Zoltan) def. Devin Devine & Dash Bennett
Chris Taylor def. Shirley Doe in Match 2 of the Best of 3 Series
Blue Dragon & Stacy Hunter came to the ring and Dragon proclaimed that he no longer wanted the services of his “indentured servant” Hunter at ringside, and fired her with a Belly To Blue Suplex! But he was then attacked by two of Hunter’s former charges Dash Bennett & Devin Devine. Devine leveled Dragon with a Memphis Piledriver, leaving him down and hurt in the ring..
NWA East Heavyweight Champion “The Spotlight” Scottie Gash def. “Mantis” Brandon K
Brandon once again challenged Hansen to defend his NWA National Title against him, but Hansen once again refused, claiming K never made him tap out officially in a match. K locked Hansen in an ankle lock as NWA East Championship Committee member and longtime NWA East referee Shawn Patrick hit the ring, calling for the bell as Hansen tapped out!
For more information on NWA East, go to:
Young Lion Triple Threat Match
It was an excellent opening match with Sexton intro music being beverly hills 90210, he plays a gay character slightly beetter than Street. The match was a flippy flippy match, in the end The Golden Aztec hitting the top rope move(the 1 Brock Freeman used to do) on Jimmy Scarlet then Sexton throwing Zztec out the ring to sneak the victory…
Devlin Reeves w/’Slick’ Rick Sanders defeated Cletus Blood
Best of the Best
The Graham Brothers defeated Dick & Balls
Fatal 4-Way TLC Match for the NWA Australian National Championship
The match started with a ladder in the middle of the ring and all 4 competitiors outside waiting for the 10 count, then it was absolute mayhem, plenty of tables, ladders and chairs being used to inflict serious amounts of damage which saw Jag and Cooper heads cut open.. the ending was 2 ladders in the ring Jag and Havok on 1 and Cooper and Slater on the other, Havok and Jag where pushed off the ladder onto 4 tables stacked next to the ring, then Slater and Cooper fighting for the belt, Cooper punched Slater and Slater fell back with his legs tangled in the ladder allowing Cooper to grab the belt…
Courtesy of the EPW Perth Message Board.
For more information on EPW Adelaide, go to:
NWA South Atlantic
Spokesperson Steve Michaels welcomes the crowd. Rico Moon and DJ Jeff interrupt and demand Commissioner Lee Douglas explain his latest stipulation added to their match. Lee comes out and explains the rules to the special Tag Match. Rico and Jeff vow to end the careers of Lee Douglas and Rico Casanova tonight!
Match One: Deathrow Jethro VS Afro Boy
Match Two: Jeddust VS TJ Time
Match Three: Ethan Icon VS Manson
This was supposed to be the Ego VS Ego match with Ethan facing Brandon Groom. Ethan accuses Brandon of being scared!! Instead Manson volunteered to step in. These guys were gentlemen opponents throughout the match which is a far cry from Manson’s normal tactics. Ethan gets the win and they shake hands. They announce they are forming a new tag team and Manson is no longer partners with Rico Moon!! Moon comes to the ring furious but to no avail. Manson will now be known as Bryan Maddox….he leaves the Root Of All Evil behind!!
Control of SACW Tag Team Grudge Match
After two years of battling against each other for control and ownership of SACW, years of feuds between Rico Moon, Lee Douglas, and Rico Casanova……it all comes to an end with this match!!! NO DQ and basically no rules!!! At first DJ Jeff and Moon seem to be in control and headed for a vicory. They pull out all the stops with constant underhanded cheating tactics. Finally, as they are double-teaming against Rico Casanova in what appears to be a sure victory, Lee Douglas pulls a trick of his own. He knocks out both DJ Jeff and Moon by smashing/breaking a large glass from the bar over both their heads!!! Lee and Casanova roll them up for the double pinfall and win TOTAL ownership and control of SACW!!!!!
Rico Casanova is represented tonight by two different members of the cartel. However, they are unable to derail the determination and desire of the SWAT Patrol who become the new SACW Tag Team Champions.
DOUBLE MAIN EVENT
In an exciting back and forth brawl with both men scoring a couple of pinfalls Bobby Bonecrusher retains his title. Rico Casanova was the special referee for this match. In a fifth and final countdown both men appear to get up before the 10 count but while Rico’s back is turned Jeddust pulls Pretty Boy Lloyd back down to the canvas. Rico doesn’t see the interference and assumes Pretty Boy Lloyd is down for the 10 count declaring Bobby the winner. The crowd is screaming to Rico about the interference. Commissioner Lee Douglas comes to the ring and promises a review of the tape. Rico Casanova is able to name Bobby’s next opponent ……….Rico names himself!!!! Pretty Boy Lloyd furious and demands a hearing on the matter with the SACW Board!!!
X Division Grudge Match
In a heated grudge match these two men tried to out manuever each other in the usual high-flying X division style. Rouge in his newest reinvention of his character seemed more focused and controlled. However, the young and upcoming star Gus Money proved to be too much for the veteran Rouge. Hats off to both men for an excellent match!!
Jeddust a buffoon and psycho!!
SWAT Patrol NEW Tag Team Champions
Manson leaves Root of All Evil! Joins forces with Ethan Icon
Afro Boy makes big splash in SACW debut!!
Lee Douglas and Rico Casanova take total control of SACW!!!!
Is this the end of DJ Jeff and J&J Inc. ??????
For more information on NWA South Atlantic, go to:
1. Spyder Black beat Pendulo
NWA Main Event â<80>” Episode 32 By Layy Goodman
Opening with a promo from Ricky Syks, who has been converted from the New York Gangster to New York Rocker. Same look. Heâ<80><99>s now a singles wrestler and heâ<80><99>s going straight to the top.
Jason James and Tyler Clemmons on commentary for the first NWA ME show taped in LaVergne.
1 â<80>” LARRY COOTER & BRYAN CASEY vs. â<80><9c>Playboyâ<80> SCOTT HAYES & â<80><9c>New York Rockerâ<80> RICKY SYKS
Cooter used a low blow to start the heat on Syks. They worked over his arm. A cross armbreaker was treated like just another hold. Geez. Double flying clothesline. Casey and Syks down and tagging. House cleaning by Hayes. Cooter went for a pumphandle slam, and Hayes countered with an Oâ<80><99>Connor Roll, which was a major improvement on the version he beat Daniels with last week.
WINNERS: Hayes & Syks in 7:10. OK I guess. I just canâ<80><99>t buy Syks as a babyface, and Casey has zero heel presence. The best thing about it was Hayesâ<80><99> fast and furious work with the hot tag.
Hayes cut a totally average promo for his match against Jeff Daniels Tuesday night at the Nashville Fairgrounds with two referees.
Promo by â<80><9c>Meanâ<80> Mike Woods. He was sick of Shank Barziniâ<80><99>s excuses for not showing up because they had unfinished business.
2 â<80>” â<80><9c>Mean” MIKE WOODS vs. â<80><9c>The Internetâ<80><99>s Favorite Wrestlerâ<80> WHITE TIGER
They established this was man vs. boy. Woods spinebustered the bejeezus out of Tiger. Tiger capitalized on a missed elbow drop by raining down a bazillion weak blows on Woods, who ended the uprising with two punches from his knees. Awesome. Tiger made a last gasp comeback where he decked Woods with a dropkick and missed with the worldâ<80><99>s worst looking frogsplash. Woods smoked him with Clothesline from Hell for the pin.
WINNER: Woods in 4:45. Perversely entertaining. Tigerâ<80><99>s offense is pathetic but he does writhing in agony with the best of them.
Tennessee Homecoming 2008 at the Nashville Fairgrounds on Thanksgiving Night featuring a two ring battle royal as the main event AND a major announcement from Commissioner George Gulas was yet to come.
Jeff Daniels (with Dominique). He was pissed about Gulas ordering two refs for his title defense Tuesday night. Daniels and said Hayes would pay for Gulasâ<80><99> sins.
3 — NWA Mid America Heavyweight Champion JEFF DANIELS (with Domique) vs. DYRON FLYNN
Daniels toyed with Flynn, but he got a lot of offense on the champion. It wouldnâ<80><99>t be a Daniels match unless Dominique interfered so James could call her â<80><9c>that little she devil.â<80> Flynn actually had the champ pinned with a sunset flip, but Dominique had the ref (son Jamie but they didnâ<80><99>t make a point of it) distracted. We had to watch Flynnâ<80><99>s belly shake as he delivered the 10 Horrible Punches of Doom. Daniels used an Emerald Frosien as his finisher.
WINNER: Daniels in 7:30 but it seemed to last forever. A ridiculous match. Flynn is way too green to last that long with the champion. I can only assume that Daniels decided to give Flynn his next wrestling lesson on TV.
4 — â<80>Magnumâ<80> SHANE SMALLS vs. AIDEN SCOTT
James mentioned that Scott and Smalls wrestled each other on one of those brutally bad shows shot at the Tennessee State Fair. Scott landed a wicked dropkick to the side of the head that sent Smalls out of the ring. Smalls countered one of Scottâ<80><99>s aerial maneuvers with a powerbomb, and went into ruthless aggression mode. Finish saw Smalls miss on a springboard twisting crossbody. Scott went up top and got dumped by Chris Cain to set up the pin.
WINNER: Smalls in 5:40. There were some rough spots, but this match was a breath of fresh air after the Daniels/Flynn debacle. Smalls is a kick ass worker.
Promo by Cain and Smalls for their tag match against Scott & Steve-O Tuesday night.
5 — NWA Mid America Television Title Match: Champion STEVE-O vs. â<80><9c>Colossalâ<80> CHRIS CAIN
Back and forth chain wrestling until Cain dropkicked Oâ<80><99>s bum knee. Cain used a half crab. O countered a fisherman suplex with a small package. Cain taunted O and continued his assault on Oâ<80><99>s legs. Clemmons said Cain was disabling Oâ<80><99>s superkick. At 9:00, O hit a desperation enzuirgiri. Comeback time. Cain kicked out of Oâ<80><99>s neckbreaker. A ref bump occurred off camera. Visual fall for O with a sunset flip. Cain used ye olde Tennessee Chain on O. Cover. Ferrari stopped the count at one and Cain got up. Time stood still before Scott attacked Cain. Smalls attacked Scott. Ferrari called for the bell. Scott and O cleared the ring with a double dropkick.
WINNER: O retains the TV Title via DQ at 11:30 due to outside interference. Decent match. Strange finish. Iâ<80><99>m guessing they had to improvise because Scott was late with the run-in. O did a good job selling the legs.
Promo by O and Scott for Tuesday night. O said they needed to watch each otherâ<80><99>s backs.
Closing Thoughts: Geez, was I wrong about new venue being an improvement over the Fairgrounds for television. That plasticized ring covering screams minor league, and all the empty chairs looked terrible on camera. The commentary continues to be a bright spot. James and Clemmons do a nice job of swapping roles between color and play-by-play. NWA Main Event is really struggling right now because their roster is so thin. Again, no mention of J.P. Lightning, as Main Event’s most interesting story has suddnely evaporated. Snake Jones is gone, so out of the blue, theyâ<80><99>ve got Chaming Charles managing Shank Barzini against Woods for the Fairgrounds show. Scott is a promising cruiserweight, but when a guy that green is your #3 babyface, itâ<80><99>s not a good sign. Iâ<80><99>m afraid fans are going to be sick of seeing these guys by the time they get to the Thanksgiving show, and adding a battle royal main event does nothing for me. I like the â<80><9c>be careful what you whine aboutâ<80> angle of the two referee stipulation, but it could really stand a recap of Danielsâ<80><99> escapades before the match with Hayes airs. Daniels match was a great example of how to devalue your heavyweight title. Fine to do a deal where the heel toys with the rookie. Squash the guy and then refuse to make the pin until Hayes runs in. I wish I could say they made the most of a bad situation with this show, but it felt more like they made a bad situation worse.
NWA MAIN EVENT NEWS
You are cordially invited to spend Thanksgiving Night with NWA Main Event Wrestling at the Tennessee Homecoming Show at the Nick Gulas Sports Arena inside the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville, Tenn. with an 8 PM Belltime.
We will be serving up a heaping helping of good old Southern Style Professional Wrestling featuring a grudge battle between “Grand Master Sexy” Brian Christopher and “Dangerous” Doug Gilbert and also a 2 Ring Battle Royal.
After you and your family enjoy your traditional Thanksgiving meal, get into your car and drive to the TN State Fairgrounds for a great night of wrestling entertainment!
To reserve your tickets go online to:
Don’t forget to watch NWA Main Event Wrestling every Saturday at 12 noon on the ION TV Network, Comcast channel 17.
NWA Main Event Wrestling has a live show each and every Tuesday night with a 7:45 PM Belltime at the Nick Gulas Sports Arena inside the Tennessee Fairgrounds in Nashville.
NWA Main Event is now on you tube.. The site has been up for over a week now and people are watching us from as far away Russia, South Africa, Australia, and Japan. Check us out at:
NWA LIBERTY STATES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
THE NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE (NWA) RETURNS TO HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NEW JERSEY FOR A TREMENDOUS “NWA ON-FIRE” TV TAPING WITH WWE SUPERSTAR KOKO B. WARE !!
CATCH ALL YOUR TV FAVORITES INCLUDING FORMER WWE SUPERSTAR “THE BIRDMAN” KOKO B. WARE, NWA LIBERTY STATES TV CHAMPION DANNY “TERRY” INFERNO,NWA LIBERTY STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS “THE SAMOAN WARRIORS”, JUDAS YOUNG, BABY HUGHIE,THE PLAYAS’ CLUB, “THE COLD-HEARTED PLAYA” DANNY DEMANTO, THE MYSTERIOUS “LETTER MAN” AND MANY MORE SURPRISES!!
NOV. 29th, 2008
THE ACTION STARTS AT 7:30PM, BE THERE!!!!
ADVANCE TICKETS AVAILABLE AT QUIZNOS ON BOULEVARD IN HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ
ALSO OFFERED:PRO WRESTLING CLINIC WITH KOKO B. WARE (NOVEMBER 29TH AT 2PM)TO REGISTER CALL (201) 370-7891 CLINIC FEE $25
NWA ON FIRE FORUMS are now open.
NWA Southwest/ PWF
Match 1: Rexx Reed vs. Violent V
Match 2: Biohaxxxard vs. Violent V
Match 3: NWA SW/ PWF Texas Panhandle Title Match
Match 4: NO DQ Match
Match 5: Pudding Match
For more information on PWF, go to:
For more information on NWA Southwest, go to:
NWA Impact Zone Wrestling
Lucha Reigns defeated Payed Daily.
Nick The Fury DeMichael pinned Johnny Manson.
IZW Impulse champion The Great Ryan Lynch (with Nick
NWA Arizona champion and IZW Heavyweight champion GQ
Tyson Tyler defeated Mike G.
“XXX” Lawrence Tyler beat Lars Witfield.
Miracle Mike James & Dread Pirate Bernie defeated NWA-IZW
For more information on NWA IZW go to:
NWA New Japan Wrestling
NJPW, 11/22/08 (SXW)
1. Milano Collection AT, Minoru & Taichi Ishikari beat Wataru Inoue, Koji Kanemoto & Nobuo Yoshihashi (11:41) when Milano pinned Yoshihashi after a union thrust kick.
1. Jushin Thunder Liger & AKIRA beat Kazuchika Okada & Nobuo Yoshihashi (10:20) when AKIRA used a Musasabi press on Yoshihashi.
Courtesy of www.puroresufan.com
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?