“Just got home from Raw in Raleigh tonight and wanted to give a few things that probably wasn’t seen on TV.
– There were lots of areas blacked off that they had to open up on the 2nd level. The seats I bought had the black trash bags over them and the arena attendants were taking the bags off when I got there. These sections are about 20 seats with 5 rows and they opened about 3 extra of them.
– Dark Match 1- D’Lo Brown defeated Matt Striker with the frog splash. Decent match – probably 5 min or so. D’Lo got a huge pop and did most of the moved he always did.
– Dark Match 2 – Charlie Haas defeated some local dude. Pretty much destroyed him.
– Raw started live in the arena about 8:56ish. The only thing we could figure out was they were on a big delay. I’ve been to many live televised WWE events before and this has never happened.
– During the CM Punk / Kane Match, the guy beside Cole and the King with a headset jumped up and went all the way around the arena and grabbed a sign from someone that read “SHAVA SHANE.” He brought it back and gave it to building security. A few other signs were there, but this was the most notable incident.
– The main event after Raw went off the air has been billed since the draft as Cena and HBK vs. JBL and Jericho. Obviously with the finish of Raw, it wouldn’t make sense to have Cena come out and wrestle. So the main event was CM Punk vs. Batista. This match lasted about 2 minutes when CM Punk climbed to the top rope and Batista grabbed him and gave him the Batista Bomb and pinned him.
Big Pops (in order)
Not a bad event overall.”
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?