– I’m not too sure what is up with this (if anything), but I am told a bunch of Gatorade and water was stashed underneath the ring.
– A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.
* Jamie Noble b. Ted Dibiase Jr. with roll up for the pin.
WWE SmackDown (Airing This Friday At 9:00 PM EDT):
* A segment was taped with Mark Henry coming out to the ring and saying if Big Show sticks his nose in his business then he’s going to do something about it.
* Mick Foley and Michael Cole make there way out to the announce table.
* SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero comes out. She makes the announcement that at Judgment Day The Undertaker will be able to compete for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship title against an opponent that will be determined tonight.
* It is announced that there will be a “Champion Chase” tournament. The winners of the tournament will compete in an over the top battle royal as this week’s SmackDown main event. The winner of that match will face The Undertaker at Jugment Day.
* Matt Hardy b. CM Punk in a qualifying match. Punk tried to roll up Hardy but he reversed it to advance to the Battle Royal later tonight!
* MVP vs. Fit Finlay ends in a countout. The match was described to me as slow and boring.
* Natalya Neidhart b. Kelly Kelly with a sharpshooter!
* It is announced that both MVP and Fit Finlay will be included in tonight’s main event battle royal.
* Batista b. John Morrison to qualify for the Battle Royal later tonight!
* Big Show b. Tommy Dreamer in a short match with a chokeslam.
* Kane b. Chavo Guerrero to advance to tonight’s Battle Royal main event!
* Vladimir Kozlov b. Local Jobber in a complete squash match.
* The Chase the Championship Battle Royal main event is next. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Batista vs. Matt Hardy vs. Fit Finlay vs. MVP
Vickie Guerrero comes out and says Edge has been cleared to wrestle. Edge spears Batista off the ring apron.
* SmackDown ends with Edge celebrating on the entrance stage beside a podium that contains the World Heavyweight Championship belt (it had been there all night). The podium suddenly blows up and the lights go out. Undertaker’s music hits. No Taker.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?