– Floyd Mayweather created many fans within the WWE as a result of his performance at WM24. Fans will never know how hard Floyd worked to prepare for WM24 and how hell-bent he was to make his in-ring business exceed everyoneâ<80><99>s expectations, and it did. The Big Show also rose to the occasion and the standing “O” that Show received Monday night was well earned. Show may be more popular now than at any other time since he came to the WWE. Floyd presenting yours truly with one of the gloves he wore in the WM24 fight, autographed. It will be hanging in our new restaurant in Moore, Oklahoma in a few weeks. Floyd now turns his attention to his September fight with Oscar De LaHoya.
– The Rock arrived in Orlando late Friday night after working during the day in LA and then came to the Amway Arena late Saturday afternoon after preparing to do two speeches at the HOF Ceremony. I spoke to Rock at length back stage, as did my wife, and he was his usual happy, friendly self and thanked us for all the J.R.â<80><99>s products he has received and he said he loves our sauces and thanks that our peanuts are a great idea, which was nice to hear. He also is the owner of an “Iâ<80><99>ve Got Big Nuts” T-shirt from our place. The Rock may have gone long on his speech to many, as he had lots of ground to cover and our fans can be the judge of that when they watch the unedited DVD. I enjoyed our visit and his presentation. I can also see sitting in the audience for several hours without a break, being a challenge,nature does call occasionally . The Rock stayed as long as he could after his presentation and then had to fly back to work where he was back on the set Sunday. Word going around the Internet is that Rock was aloof to many, is hard for me to buy into. I did not personally see that.
– Lots of TNA/Wrestlemania stories coming out of Orlando, as if it there was a big “wrestling war” going on, which is absurd. Talents were asked not to fraternize, which I think in hindsight was much to do about not much.TNA apparently showing Robbie McAllister at the TNA TV show on Thursday night was not a classy thing to do, as McAllister was sent home as a result of it and his status is unknown to me at this time. Two wrongs do not make a right, McAllister should never have gone to the show and TNA should never have put another wrestlerâ<80><99>s job in jeopardy. Not real smart on eitherâ<80><99>s part, in my view.
– Nice fit and a nice move for Dusty Rhodes to get off the road and focus on helping develop young talent down in Tampa at the WWEâ<80><99>s developmental facility. At The Dreamâ<80><99>s stage of the game and after being on the road for most of his life, a change in travel schedule and being in a less pressurized position will be good for Rhodes, who can add a great deal to the process in Tampa. This move has been a while in the making.
– The WWE talents were quiet and well behaved in Orlando, with no issues that I am aware of that have not already been discussed. The Orlando Airport Marriott was WWE only from Friday morning until Monday morning and made it great for all that stayed there.
Click here to read JR’s full blog.