Aside from traditional advertising (television, radio, print), some of the more creative marketing ploys they have planned include:
* Renting a plot of land, which will feature the WWE logo for those landing at Orlando International Airport.
* A giveaway where winner will receive a customized Wrestlemania XXIV motorcycle built by Orange County Choppers.
* 2 million pieces of mail sent to cable subscribers, a 30% increase from last year’s mailing.
* A blimp owned by DirecTV will run video commercials for the event while floating over other events, including NASCAR.
* Bright House Networks will be running three minute promotional commercials in 70,000 hotel rooms in Florida.
The article noted there are 40-50 different marketing schemes planned to raise awareness of the event.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?