– The tag team’s appearance on MTV’s Made was plugged. It will air for an hour on Saturday.
– Sabin was not surprised at their quick rise to popularity, but agreed that it all came together likely. They click well as a tag team and it was everything they hoped for. Alex Shelly was a little surprised about their popularity as they have only recently been pushed.
– Shelly thinks being younger is an advantage over the locker room and fans can relate to them for being in the same age demographic.
– Sabin recounts a time when they were back at a hotel one night and Shelly put an iron board under Sabin’s sheets. He jumped on it back first and hurt himself :/
– They also discussed a time when they fudged a chair and whenever anyone sat on it they collapsed.
– Sabin said he was rubbish at impressions, same with Shelly. Shelly said he doesn’t want to because TNA might make a gimmick out of it.
– Scott Fishman asked a question (wasn’t he part of the Sharkboy skits?)
– Shelly hopes that the X-Division will return to the forefront of the company, but thinks a lot of the characters have transcended the it. He thinks an under 30 title or a TV title might be a good idea.
– Both agreed that working with Kevin Nash was beneficial and that he is a great guy. They had nothing bad to say about Nash. They both learned a lot from him.
– Before he returned to TNA the second time Alex Shelly reminded us that he had a good tryout with WWE, but wanted to come to TNA which had just got the TV deal and seemed to be on an “upswing.” He is thankful that he returned because he has learned a lot.
– Chris doesn’t think the internet noly has any influence over the product. He doesn’t think they cater to the net fans overly. Shelly says you can’t cater to one audience like the net fans. He thinks you shouldn’t believe everything you read online.
– On their best match ever:
– For some reason they were really secretive about the TNA game, but lots of announcements will be made about it shortly.
– They went on to say that bringing more of the wrestling freedom from house shows to the TV product would be something they’d like to see. Sabin enjoys the intimate locations of house shows and maybe running a TV taping from one would bring a great atmosphere to the show.
– Alex mentions that Jim Cornette has been coaching them lately and found it funny that Mike Johnson brought up the fact that some of their recent work is similar to Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane. Cornette managed that team back in the day. Cornette gave the Guns a “monster pack of Midnight Express DVDs” to study.
– Shelly thinks Dean Malenko is one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. He likes the fact that he doesn’t “waste any motion.”
– Growing up Sabin was inspired by the Cruiserweights in WCW.
– Shelly thinks both the Guns and Jay Lethal got showcased well against Team 3D.
– Alex thinks that tag team wrestling was in at a down point a few years ago, but TNA and ROH have made strides to bring it back. He’d love to do a few more shows in ROH specifically against the Briscoes.
– Shelly doesn’t care if they are called Motor or Murder City Machine Guns.
– That wrapped it up for quite a short call this month.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?