– From the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Ariz.
– We are taken back to the main event of last weeks Raw â<80>” Triple H leaves Randy Orton & John Cena lying with the Pedigree.
– We cut to the arena, GM William Regal is in the ring with Cena, Triple H and Orton. All 3 have mics, Cena gets in Triple Hâ<80><99>s face. Cena thanks HHH for not DQing him last week but says he didnâ<80><99>t appreciate the Pedigree afterwards. HHH says he did what he had to do, while some may not have appreciated the pedigree to Cena, more did! Cena and HHH square each other up. Orton interrupts and says one thing will stay constantâ<80>¦himself as WWE Champion. Orton claims â<80><9c>the champ is hereâ<80> and there isnâ<80><99>t anything HHH or Cena can do about it. Cena and Trips attack Orton and throw him from the ring, Cena and Trips brawl with each other until Orton sneaks back in the ring and delivers an RKO to both Triple H and Cena.
– WrestleMania XXIV â<80>” 34 days away
– Backstage Mr. Kennedy catches up with Randy Orton. He says he will once again win the Money in the Bank Ladder match, and when he does, he will cash it in that very night, so even if Orton wins, he will still lose, Orton says he will leaveâ<80><99>Mania WWE Champion.
(1) Non-Title â<80>” Santino Marella & Carlito w/ Maria vs. World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly
– Up next; a look back at the WrestleMania XXIV press conference held earlier today
– We are shown a video package of the Big Show-Floyd Mayweather rivalry. They will face off at WrestleMania.
– We are then shown highlights from the press conference.
– Backstage GM William Regal announces the main event as Mr. Kennedy and Randy Orton vs. John Cena and Triple H. Chris Jericho enters the GMâ<80><99>s room, he requests to be in the Money in the Bank Ladder match at â<80>~Mania. Regal says he must qualify, but his opponent will be somebody who has already qualified, Jeff Hardy! That match is up next.
(2) Money in the Bank Qualifying Match â<80>” Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho
– Up next; Mr. McMahon will publicly â<80><9c>apologizeâ<80> to his son Hornswoggle.
– McMahon is in the ring, he says for the 1st time in his life he made a mistake. He says what happened while McMahon was in the ring was tough love, but what happened afterwards with JBL was wrong. McMahon apologizes to Hornswoggle. He then calls JBL to the ring to apologize. McMahon says he ought to beat the hell out of JBL. McMahon says JBL was only supposed to be there to control Finlay. McMahon demands an apology. JBL apologizes that he didnâ<80><99>t do it sooner! JBL reveals that he has found out that Hornswoggle IS NOT Vinceâ<80><99>s son! Hornswoggle is Finlayâ<80><99>s son! JBL says Vinceâ<80><99>s own family set the whole thing up, Hornswoggle had no idea Finlay was his dad but Finlay himself knew. JBL says next time Finlay is in a WWE ring, JBL will make him admit it.
– Backstage John Cena comes into Triple Hâ<80><99>s locker room. H asks if this is the part where they say â<80><9c>letâ<80><99>s put our differences aside and work together for one nightâ<80>. He says that he will do what he does best, win. All Cena has to do in try and not get beat! Cena says Trips doesnâ<80><99>t need to watch his back tonight, but he definitely needs to watch his own!
– I’ve just been informed that today is Ric Flair’s 59th birthday! Whooooo!
(3) Umaga vs. DH Smith
– Backstage GM William Regal is in his office with Paul & Katie Lea Burchill. He reads a letter from SmackDown GM Vickie Guerrero challenging Regal to nominate one Raw superstar to face one SmackDown superstar at WrestleMania. Regal chooses Umaga. Regal says he wants to see some more from Paul, Paul says next time Regal wants to have a little chat, Paul will be more than glad to, and so will his sister!
(4) Lance Cade w/ Trevor Murdoch vs. Shawn Michaels
– After the match, 2008 Hall of Fame Inductee Ric Flair makes his way to the ring. HBK literally bows at Flairâ<80><99>s feet. Flair congratulates HBK. Flair asks Shawn for a match at WrestleMania to top off his incredible weekend, HBK is hesitant because of the retirement stipulation. Flair says all the respect HBK showed him last week means nothing if Shawn doesnâ<80><99>t accept. Michaels says it will be his honor to face Flair at WrestleMania! Both men shake hands and hug before leaving the ring together.
– WWE 2008 Hall of Fame â<80>” High Chief Peter Maivia & Rocky Johnson are announced as the next inductees, and yes, they will be inducted by The Rock!
– New match for WrestleMania â<80>” Bunny Mania â<80>” Maria & Candice vs. Melina & Womenâ<80><99>s Champion Beth Phoenix
– We are shown a video package of Mariaâ<80><99>s Playboy experience, the cover will be unveiled next week. They aired no pics.
(5) WWE Champion Randy Orton & Mr. Kennedy vs. Triple H & John Cena.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?