Several Ring of Honor wrestlers missed last nightâ<80><99>s show in Deer Park, New York due to the inclement weather conditions in the Northeast. Wrestlers that were unable to make the event included ROH Champion Nigel McGuinness, Davey Richards, Erick Stevens, Tyler Black, Brent Albright, and Roderick Strong. Due to several wrestlers being unable to make the event, the promotion set up a one-night tournament to determine the number one contender for the ROH Championship. Kevin Steen went over Go Shiozaki in the finals to become the number one contender.
Go Shiozaki made his United States debut at the event.
Speaking of tonightâ<80><99>s ROH Sixth Anniversary show from the Manhattan Center, we are able to confirm that Nigel McGuinness, Brent Albright, Roderick Strong, and Eric Stevens arrived in New York City late last night. Davey Richards and Tyler Black were scheduled for early morning flights this morning and are expected to be at the show.
As reported earlier, several talents did not make last night’s show due to bad weather. The card had to be shuffled around and a one night tournament for a future ROH Title shot was held instead.
Attendance was very low, only around 200.
First Round Tournament Matches:
(1) Bryan Danielson d. Rocky Romero
(2) Kevin Steen d. Delirious
(3) El Generico d. Austin Aries
(4) Go Shiozaki d. Necro Butcher
– Larry Sweeney held the first edition of his talk show. Shane Hagadorn was his guest. All they did was rag on and beat up Bobby Dempsey.
Second Round Tournament Matches:
(5) Kevin Steen d. Bryan Danielson
(6) Go Shiozaki d. El Generico
(7) Four Corner Survival: Jason Blade d. Pelle Primeau, Mitch Franklin, and The Human Tornado
(8) Ruckus and Jigsaw d. Jimmy Jacobs and Zach Gowen
(9) Kevin Steen d. Go Shiozaki to earn a future shot at the ROH title.
The REAL Reason Why TNAâ<80><99>s Not Going Live (Canâ<80><99>t Afford Equipment; In SERIOUS Trouble) DETAILS>>