– Apparently Karen Angle’s favorite treat is cookie dough?
– Karen said that making the jump over to TNA with her husband Kurt meant everything. She thinks TNA has given Kurt his life back as his health during the long WWE schedule was at breaking point. She likes the fact she can work and have her kids with her and she appreciates that TNA offers an easier schedule.
– Karen approved that Angle had to lose his hair in the hair match against Edge ay Judgment Day 2002. She finds bald man very sexy.
– She mentioned that she as very nervous when doing her first proper TV performance with TNA and can remember shaking backstage. She says she will always be nervous.
– An interesting question was asked about if she’d ever asked Kurt to walk away from wrestling. Karen responded by saying “for the last three years he was in the WWE I begged him to quit”. She says that since Kurt has been in TNA he’s been the healthiest he’s ever been.
– Kurt could kick Brock Lesnar’s Ass in MMA according to Karen. She tells a story where Angle challenged Brock in the ring and took him down a number of times.
– Karen never appeared on WWE TV more than once because she didn’t want to live that life and schedule considering her kids. She revealed that her role in TNA was supposed to be small but it took off from there.
– Interestingly Karen then mentioned that she has been a fan of wrestling since she was 10, even before Kurt and that is why she appears so comfortable with her on air role. (I respect her more for this)
– She says that if she had to she would get in to the ring, but would never compare herself to any of the accomplished TNA womens wrestlers. She plugs that TNA’s ratings are the highest they’ve ever been now that there is a women’s division.
– Her foot is completely healed.
– Karen went on to say that when Kurt was in WWE it was a big strain on their relationship and she was lucky to see him 4 times a month. Now in TNA they are like newly weds since Kurt went away just 2 days after they were married.
– When Kurt left WWE she didn’t want him to do any MMA, but now he’s had time to heal and is enjoying the lighter TNA schedule she’d support him all the way. “Game on Kurt’s ready.”
– Sometimes she has to force Kurt to turn off his phone and relax and feels it’s important to switch off from wrestling when they are home.
– She continues to praise Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett for all they have done for her family.
– During the time Kurt was in WWE Karen worked in sales and at one point owned a nail salon. She mentions that for a few years she also looked after Kurt Angle’s great niece, even before she had children.
– Karen plugged Vince Russo, calling him an incredible writer and very creative. Him and Kurt have let her have a lot of creative freedom with her character.
– Karen doesn’t currently do house shows because of her kids. She is willing if needs be but at this time she only does TV. As far as Kurt, even with house shows the schedule is very easy on him.
– She revealed that she did some local modeling before meeting Kurt who at the time was a sports news anchor but left it all to support Kurt and her family.
– Karen came up with the idea where Angle was mean to their daughter and the Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett decided to bring Karen in. She is very surprised at the longevity of her run and thinks creative are doing a great job with it. So far she doesn’t feel her role is too revealing and compared to past WWE women’s segments it’s nothing.
– She believes Kurt could still be wrestling in 10-15 years. She can’t see herself anytime soon wanting Kurt to leave the business.
– If Kurt got a new WWE offer and he wanted to go back she would 100% say no to the idea.
– Even when Karen was off camera fans still wanted pictures with her. (I wonder why?)
– She feels the best work Kurt Angle has done is with Steve Austin in WWE.
– KAREN WOULD NEVER DO PLAYBOY.
– On the Impact special, Karen thinks it shows how well the company can do. Everybody was so hyped.
– Kurt is currently doing some promotional work ready for the UK tour.
– Karen has not heard anything backstage about Impact possibly going live or having a dedicated hour of TNA Knockout television, but thinks it would be incredible for TNA if these things did go ahead. She plugs the Knockouts.
– As long as her children came to TNA she would be 100% supportive of them getting in to the wrestling industry.
– Karen says she monitors what her daughter watches in regards to wrestling. Despite this she says that her daughter understands wrestling is fake and once told her and Sharmell that they did a great job.
– Elizabeth and Sherry Martel were huge inspirations to Karen.
– Karen wouldn’t comment on anything drug or Benoit related but stated that Kurt is much healthier in TNA than WWE.
– She thinks the TNA women tower above the talent of what the women in WWE have.
– Karen mentions that she did have aspirations to act but never really got in to it after she married Kurt. But now is the perfect opportunity for her to have her own career and her family.
– Kurt is very intense on camera and at home. He gives 200% all of the time. He is always a daddy in front of the kids.
– Karen came across as a real pro and seems a lot more deserving of her spot than before I listened to the call.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?