– My plan is to watch the Brock Lesnar-Frank Mir UFC fight Saturday night on PPV from Las Vegas, where many expect that Lesnar will win his first heavily promoted, high profile fight. I expect Lesnar to win, but Mir, a submission specialist, is dangerous on the mat. Insiders tell me that Mir isnâ<80><99>t in top fighting shape but time will tell on that particular speculation. Lesnar is being positioned as the UFCâ<80><99>s â<80><9c>Next Big Thingâ<80>, sounds familiar, and I hope the former WWE Champion succeeds. I donâ<80><99>t expect any â<80><9c>Shooting Star Pressesâ<80> in this contest to create a Wrestlemania momentâ<80>¦..please stop the insanity.
– This Sundayâ<80><99>s Super Bowl will be viewed by yours truly in Austin, Texas at an unnamed hotel. My instincts tell me that the Giants will cover the 12 point spread. NYG successfully running the football, controlling the clock, and being able to pressure Touchdown Tommy Brady seem to be plausible keys to the contest. As always in football, the team that makes the fewest mental errors and turnovers always has the edge.
– Former Philly news anchor Alycia Lane is rumored to be headed to the WWE as a broadcaster. I have not heard this rumor confirmed by anyone in the WWE but the journalist is a controversial and lovely woman who might fit in the WWE environment. I have also heard rumors that Ms. Lane might be up for a Playboy photo spread. Without question, Ms. Lane is definitely HD friendly, which is important for broadcasters in sports entertainment these days.
– I have seen rumors on various Internet sites of several matches that the WWE has planned for Wrestlemania 24. Some of these rumors are indeed provocative, but I can honestly tell you that I personally have not heard one concrete thing mentioned regarding any proposed bouts for the March 30 extravaganza in the Citrus Bowl. Point being is that I think that the Wrestlemania card is still a â<80><9c>work in progressâ<80> and that the card is still coming together and is dependent on what comes out of No Way Out to a large degree, wouldnâ<80><99>t you say?
– Thursday night I began work on the next THQ video game with voicing over about 200 lines of copy. The new gameâ<80><99>s concept, which I have been sworn to secrecy, has already aroused my curiosity and is scheduled for release in the fall of â<80>~08.
– If you havenâ<80><99>t checked out the WWE 24/7 Legends Roundtable addressing the wrestling territories, I encourage you to do so. I watched it this week and thought it was an excellently produced broadcast and was a history lesson of sorts especially for younger fans. For long time fans, this feature will bring back plenty of memories.
– Production is set to begin soon on another Ric Flair DVD and on the long awaited Mr. Perfect DVD. I am looking forward to participating in both these projects featuring two of Minnesotaâ<80><99>s finest.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?