– WWE held a meeting on Wednesday to discuss tonight’s main event and the future of the vacated WWE Championship. While no definitive information leaked from that meeting, Randy Orton is a strong pick to walk away as Champion. There has been talk of a long feud with Triple H chasing Randy Orton for the belt.
– It’s very possible that the main event will feature more than 2 wrestlers and will be a gimmick match.
– Originally, the Undertaker was scheduled to team with Kane against MVP & Matt Hardy at tonight’s show. That match has been scrapped and moved to this week’s SmackDown. This change could have been made to include The Undertaker in the main event.
– Chris Jericho is on his way back to WWE. The question is – WHEN? WWE has considered bringing him back tonight or holding off until Cyber Sunday.
– Batista is favored over The Great Khali in tonight’s Punjabi Prison match. Batista chased the World Heavyweight Title for a long time and is his run is not scheduled to end any time soon. WWE has already announced one of the top matches for next month’s Cyber Sunday PPV will be Batista vs. Khali vs. Undertaker vs. Henry.
– Unless WWE plans are building for a gimmick match at Cyber Sunday, look for Triple H to get the clean win over Umaga.
– The ECW Title match with CM Punk and Big Daddy V is expected to be a short match with Punk retaining the title. John Morrison’s suspension is now up and he will resume his feud with Punk after Punk’s defense tonight.
– Rey Mysterio is favored over Finlay. Beth Phoenix is in line for a Women’s title run and her time may come tonight.