– From the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Tx.
– Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcome us to Raw
– Graphic is shown to promote a John Cena-Bobby Lashley confrontation later
– Triple Hâ<80><99>s music hits and the crowd go nuts, but instead of Triple H entering the arena, King Booker and Queen Sharmell do. King Booker cuts a promo on HHH saying that Triple H calls himself the â<80><9c>King of Kingsâ<80>, Booker says H does not deserve or have the right to call himself a King, Booker says Triple H no longer has the right to call himself a king. Booker then moves on to Jerry Lawler, he asks Jerry â<80><9c>Out of respectâ<80> to drop the word King from his title, Lawler says heâ<80><99>s been a King for over 30 years and he doesnâ<80><99>t see why they both can’t co-exist as â<80><9c>Kingsâ<80>, Booker says that a kingdom cannot be split down the middle and cannot be ruled by 2 kings, Jerry says if it means that much to Booker then even though he canâ<80><99>t control what the fans or J.R. calls him he will stop referring to himself as â<80><9c>Kingâ<80>. Booker thanks Jerry and says that there is just one thing left to do, he then asks Jerry to kiss his royal ring, Jerry refuses and Booker says heâ<80><99>s not asking Jerry, heâ<80><99>s telling him, Jerry responds with â<80><9c>and Iâ<80><99>m telling you, Iâ<80><99>m not kissing your ringâ<80>. Booker then hits Jerry with the microphone, Jerry goes down but manages to get back up and hit Booker a few times before they are broken up by referees.
– To promote the Cena vs. Lashley match, 16 time former World Champion Ric Flair is asked who he thinks will win at the bash, he goes with John Cena.
(1) Fatal-4-Way Elimination Match to be #1 Contender for the Intercontinental Championship at the Great American Bash
– World Heavyweight Champion Edge is asked who he thinks will win the Cena vs. Lashley match at the Bash, Edge also chooses â<80><9c>the other champâ<80> John Cena.
– Backstage Todd Grisham is interviewing Randy Orton about challenging Cody Rhodes tonight, Randy says he will end his career before itâ<80><99>s even begun, he says if he can take out Shawn Michaels just imagine what he can do to Cody, he tells Cody to bring Dusty to the ring with him so he can see first hand what will happen to him this Sunday
– Also backstage Santino is upset about loosing again, Maria is trying to console him, he asks Maria to spend the night with him, she accepts
– Batista is asked who he feels will win the WWE Championship match at the Bash, The Animal goes with Bobby Lashley
(2) Snitsky vs. Val Venis
– Backstage Todd Grisham is talking to Cody Rhodes, he says he understands what respect means, he says Randy will not take out Dusty at the Bash, he then says he plans on making a good impression in his 1st Raw match, Cody and Dusty then hug before leaving.
– In the ring, Jerry Lawler goes over the rules to a Bull Rope match, Lawler puts over Dusty as being â<80><9c>the bestâ<80> in these matches
(3) Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes w/ Dusty Rhodes
– Former 6-time WWE Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin is asked who he feels will win at the Great American Bash, Austin says they are very evenly matches but due to John Cenaâ<80><99>s experience in big match situations, he is going to give the nod to the Champ.
(4) Melina w/ Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James
– A graphic is shown stating that Edge will make a major announcement regarding the World Heavyweight Championship this Friday on SmackDown
– Funny segment backstage between Jim Duggan and William Regal, they are talking about Dugganâ<80><99>s 2×4, Regal wants to hold Dugganâ<80><99>s â<80><9c>woodâ<80>, Duggan refuses, Regal gets angry and yells â<80><9c>Do you want me to get down on my knees? All I want is to feel your huge wood in my hands!â<80>, Ron Simmons enters and yes, you guessed it, yells â<80><9c>Damn!â<80> at Regal!
– Former 3-time WWE Champion Mick Foley is asked who he feels will win the WWE Title match at the bash, Foley says he canâ<80><99>t see Cena holding the title much longer so heâ<80><99>s going with Bobby Lashley.
– Promo for ECW tomorrow night, CM Punk will face Marcus Cor Von and Johnny Nitro will hold a press conference that will â<80><9c>change the face of ECWâ<80>
(5) Carlito vs. The Sandman
– Former WWE Champion JBL is asked his opinion on the WWE Title match at the Bash, he says he knows both men very well having lost the WWE Title to John Cena and the US Title to Bobby Lashley, JBL goes with John Cena.
(6) Mr. Kennedy vs. Super Crazy
– J.R. and King run down the Great American Bash card
– Up next; the John Cena-Bobby Lashley confrontation
The Face-Off – John Cena and Bobby Lashley
There are two little debating stands in the ring. Coach has his own podium up by the stage. Did you know Coach is now a tweener? Whodda thought it, huh? And he’s the GM apparently. And we still don’t know who killed Vince? Anyway, he introduces Lashley who gets a mild pop. John Cena’s reaction is about a thousand times louder. See, that signs says “I love Cena!” What is the purpose of the red carpet in these things? Seriously? Why? Lashley stands around looking stupid and literally throws his toys out of the pram because Cena is getting cheered… into the building?
Coach will asks the questions, they should direct the answers to their opponent. Coach beats around the bush before showing footage of Lashley spearing Cena two weeks ago. Lashley smiles at that. He’s never faced anyone who has the skills Lashley does. Does he feel like his reign will end this Sunday. I’d mark if Cena said ‘yes’ but alas Cena mocks Coach’s question for being unbelievably stupid. He thinks about it for a while. ‘Yes!’ HAHAHAHAHA! He mock-cries about getting speared. It’s hard to talk about. It hurts. He promised himself he wouldn’t cry. God bless America. Cena is the f*cking man. That was the worst question in history. He gets no points, and may someone have mercy on his soul. Cena turns his attention to Lashley and puts him over but he’s stood toe-to-toe with the best, but he’s never backed down. At The Bash, he will get Cena’s best.
Coach asks what message Lashley was trying to send by spearing Cena. This should be good. Lashley doesn’t want to answer questions but if you want someone to hype the match, let the hype man do it. He invites Cena to talk because you know, he can’t talk himself for shit. Lashley is ready to fight. Coach wants to know what they are doing. He runs the show. Maybe he’s not such a tweener after all. Lashley is going to do something he should have done a long time ago. He walks towards the top of the stage to get Coach. Cena tells Lashley his aggression will be his downfall. He shouldn’ be concerned with Coach, he should be concerned about the greatest oppurtunity in his life. Cena punks Lashley out so he starts to walk back down but officials block his path. Lashley walks away leaving Cena on his own.
Cena puts Lashley over again, running through his accolades. It’s been said that Lashley is invinceable. But at The Bash, he will put that to the test. Because THE CHAMP IS HERE! Lashley comes back down and Cena comes to meet him. They go face-to-face on the ramp and Lashley pie-faces Cena who retaliates with a right hand. They are held apart as we go off the air!