News conference notes from Fayetteville, GA:
From: WGGL shown on Fox News
– Lt. Pope: WWE called police officials at 2:30PM on Monday over concern for Benoitâ<80><99>s well being. Police found all three bodies in the home. â<80><9c>Double Homicide Suicideâ<80> is the official ruling.
– It appears Benoit killed his wife on Friday, his son shortly after, and likely hanged himself either late Saturday night or early Sunday.
– No suicide note was left behind.
– Asphyxiation is the official ruling for Benoitâ<80><99>s wife and son deaths.
– Benoit was previously arrested for a DUI.
– A lot of prescription medication was found in the home, legal prescriptions.
– Police found anabolic steroids in the home.
– No comment from police regarding a possible motivation.
– He killed himself several hours, but no more than a day, after killing son Daniel.
– Police is unaware of prior domestic violence.
– District Attorney Scott Ballard stated that a Bible was placed near each murder victim.
– Benoit bond Nancyâ<80><99>s hands and feet and she was wrapped in a towel. Blood was found near Nancyâ<80><99>s body.
– In 2003, a temporary restraining order was sought but later dropped.
– Benoit made no attempt to hide the bodies.
– The DA himself has not heard from WWE.
– Daniel was found in an upstairs bedroom. Benoitâ<80><99>s wife was also found in an upstairs family room, and Benoit hung himself in the weight room in the basement.
– The toxicology reports are still pending. It will probably take more than two weeks for the reports to be finished.
– Benoit apparently called WWE stating that Daniel was coughing up blood, thus likely the â<80><9c>personal reasonsâ<80> for missing weekend house shows.