* Live from Phoenix, AZ
RAW kicks off with Shawn Michaels and John Cena backstage wishing each other luck, Cena questions why HBK hasn’t kicked his head off yet, Cena says he’s got HBK’s back agains Orton, Shawn says he neither wants nor needs Cena’s help.
(1) World Tag Team Champion Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton w/ Edge. Orton starts as the aggressor, but HBK gains momentum sending Orton into the announce table. The announcers point out that John Cena has not joined HBK at ringside to even up the numbers due to what Shawn said. Orton works on Michaels back, gives him a nasty DDT, Orton continues to dominate, HBK regains momentum, body slams Randy and connects with the flying elbow. Shawn goes for the superkick, Orton blocks and goes for the RKO, HBK blocks that and shoves Randy into the ref. Edge gives Orton the tag team title but the ref sees, HBK rolls up Orton for the win. After the match, Orton RKO’s HBK on a steel chair, Cena makes the save chasing Rated-RKo off.
* Graphic shows the Guest Referee for the Battle of the Billionairs bill be announced later.
* Video package is shown of Bobby Lashley squashing Umaga under the steel cage on ECW last week.
* Backstage, Vince McMahon tells Coach he is the Chairman of the Board of Directors and that he has suggested Shane McMahon be named the special referee.
(2) Intercontinental Championship – Umaga w/ Estrada vs. Jeff Hardy. Hardy takes it to Umaga, they fight to the outside, Umaga launches himself into the steel steps, Umaga gains control in the ring. Umaga performs his turnbuckle running power move, and finishes Hardy off with the Samoan Spike.
* Video package is shown of all the current events between McMahon and Trump.
* Graphic is shown for Cena vs. Edge later tonight.
* Backstage, Grisham interviews Carlito and Ric Flair, he says they’ve been undefeated in tag team matches but tonight they will face off against each other for the final spot in the Money in the Bank match, Carlito says he is going to win because he has something to prove, Flair says he is going to beat Carlito and go on to become World Champion for the 17th time, he says to Carlito “you know why?” Carlito asks why and Flair responds “Because I can.”
* Also backstage, Vince is talking to Shane on the phone, apparently Shane will be here tonight, Vince tells Coach he resembles Trump!
– Master Lock Challenge: Chris Masters def. Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
* Vince McMahon is shown making his way to the ring.
* Backstage, HBK tells Cena he got his back later, Cena says “no thanks.”
* Mr. McMahon makes his way to the ring, the barbers equipment is again set up on the stage. Vince says next week there will be an official contract signing between McMahon and Trump. Vince goes on to talk about the special referee, he is interrupted by Eric Bischoff. Bischoff says don’t worry he isn’t the special referee, Eric says that seen as in Vince fired him he has a lot of free time and tells Vince he can’t wait to see Donald Trump shave Vince’s head! Vince then once again asks for the special referee, out comes Mick Foley with a striped shirt on. Foley says isn’t it funny the last time they were in the ring together, he was kissing Vince’s ass, now Vince is kissing Foley’s ass! Vince asks what Foley wants, he says he wants his old job back, Vince says ok, Foley says he also wants to be able to come and plug his book occasionally, Vince says ok. Foley says there has been a slight misunderstanding, he isn’t the special referee for Vince’s match at WrestleMania, he’s the special referee for a rib eating contests at a local restaurant! Foley leaves, Shane makes his way to the ring.
Shane says the board has voted 5-4, and that the McMahon’s lost. Vince demads to know who the referee is, Shane whispers in Vince’s ear, and he doesn’t look very happy. the glass breaks and Stone Cold Steve Austin makes his way to the ring to a massive ovation!
Austin doesn’t say a word, but he doesn’t have to! he cracks open a few beers and goes to shake hands with Vince, as Vince goes to shake his hand, Austin pulls away! he then sprays 2 beers in Vince’s face and poses more for the crowd.
* Backstage, Ron Simmons says damn after he sees Mick Foley walking with a gorilla mascot.
(3) Women’s Championship – Falls Count Anywhere Match
Melina and Mickie fight to the back straight away, they end up in the Women’s locker room, Maria gets tossed over a sofa, Victoria holds Mickie for Melina and Torrie sprays hairspray in Victoria’s eyes, Candice then comes out the shower wearing just a towel, the towel gets pulled off her so she is stood there naked! The fans go crazy and the camera man gets taken out so the go to commercial. Back live, Melina and Mickie are rolling down the rampway, back in the ring, Mickie is taking it to Melina. Mickie goes for a hurricanrana from the top turnbuckle she doesn’t connect properly and falls on her head and neck from the top. Melina rolls up Mickie to retain. She gets in Ashley’s face at ringside and Ashley pushes her on her rear, she then gets in the ring to check on Mickie who seems to be ok.
(4) Final Money in the Bank Qualifying Match – Ric Flair vs. Carlito w/ Torrie Wilson. Carlito has the advantage back body dropping Flair, Flair then gains control chopping Carlito. Torrie Wilson was wearing HOT white jeans, pics below. Surprisingly, The Great Khali interrupts the match taking out both Carlito and Flair. He grabs the mic and manages to say “I want Kane.”
* Up next: Hall of Fame inductee #4
* Stone Cold Steve Austin will appear on ECW tomorrow night.
* Nick Bockwinkel is announced as the newest Hall of Fame Inductee.
* Backstage, Edge asks Orton if he will be coming out with him for his match, Orton says he can’t because he’s got a meeting with Coach, Edge asks if it’s because of what happened last week, Orton simply says “I don’t have your back.”
* Graphic is shown advertising the contract signing between Mr. McMahon and Donald Trump next week.
(5) WWE Champion & World Tag Team Champion John Cena vs. Edge. Before Edge can come out, all 3 members of MNM make their way to ringside. Edge says that he is a human rights activist and that he cant wrestle in this state because he’s canadian and color blind so Johnny Nitro takes his place. Cena hits the 5 knuckle shuffle on Nitro and goes for the FU. Mercury and Edge both attack Cena, HBK then runs to the ring to make the save but puts on the breaks and watches Nitro and Mercury continue to beat down Cena as Edge leaves through the crowd.
HBK turns away and starts to walk back up the ramp, the fans boo him and he changes his mind and clears the ring of MNM, HBK the leaves again and doesn’t even look back as he leaves Cena in the ring.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?