Hulk Hogan called in unannounced to The Bubba The Love Sponge Show on Sirius Channel Howard101 again yesterday:
– Hogan mentioned today was the first day of filming season #4 for his VH1 show, “Hogan Knows Best”.
– Has no idea how many more seasons of Hogan’s Knows Best are in him, but talked about focusing on Brooke’s music & Nick’s racing career.
– He said he could noly stand because of a swollen ankle from a recent surgery.
– He admitted that he didn’t watch the last episode of his VH-1 show and did not even know which one it was.
– Hogan asked Bubba “whatâ<80><99>s up with the wrestling … any scoops?â<80> Bubba responded, “I know as much as you do”.
– Hogan asked if Bubba heard about Test getting “in trouble” and Bubba said he only heard Test was in a car accident”. Hogan said, “I heard he was suspended for some reason”. Bubba commented he pays little attention to wrestling because he likes UFC better
– Hulk said UFC was a “work-shoot” (exact quotes) and argued that point with Brent who is the BTLS producer and is training in MMA currently. When Bubba tried to ask if Hogan meant that the fights were a shoot but everything else was a work, Hogan said “whatever brother” and “to wake up and smell the dog s***” regarding UFC’s legitimacy. Hogan said Brent has no idea because he never had a match.
– They discussed how Vince and Hulk had happier times together and the way his relationship was portrayed on his VH-1 show last week was a “work-shoot” like UFC (yes he said it AGAIN).
– He went back to promoting Brooke and said the label is making Brooke redo an INXS song (Need You Tonight) and he wasn’t happy about it. He discussed how radio program directors ignored Brooke’s ballad that was sent to them but VH-1 made their own video to the ballad (from HNB footage) and is airing it and asked The Bubba Army to vote for it so radio can get behind. He also discussed that MTV never got behind Brooke but VH-1 has been a big help.
– Bubba made Hogan a deal that if The Bubba Army gets the video to number one on VH- that Bubba must be featured in a whole episode of HNB (like Brian Knobbs did) and that his sidekick (Spice Boy) gets to go on a date with Brooke (back story is Brooke used to have a crush on him, but was too young at the time). Hogan agreed and said Bubba can go to Hawaii with them and film the episode where they go Bounty Hunting with Dog – The Bounty Hunter. The studio cracked up at the idea of Dog, Hogan & Bubba fighting bad guys in Hawaii.
– Bubba said he gets heat from his fans because he always asks them to do Hogan favors and Hogan never gives back to the fans. Hogan responded, “Then don’t vote for the motherf’ing video, I don’t give a s***.” He said he would just call Howard Stern and that “he’d do it”. Bubba replied “no he won’t” and mentioned he would blackmail Howard into doing it by telling his fiancÃ©e Beth what Howard did in the bathroom at Bubba’s wedding (no idea what that means).
– They discussed the deal between Bubba and Hogan regarding the Brooke video when Bubba called him “an unappreciative c***sucker” (note – he was semi serious) regarding Hogan demanding Bubba make his fans help Hogan and wanting the video to be number one for four weeks. Spice said it might be tough to get this video in the top ten because it is not on the radar. Hogan kidded he will only get to date Nick if it does not get number one.
– After a comparison to Hogan not coming through for Bubba being like Vince not coming through for Hulk, Hogan said, “I should have been part of Wrestlemania, but they wanted to recreate everything (from WM3 obviously) but my payday”. Bubba asked what the payday he asked for was … 2, 2.5, 3 million, and Hulk said “that would be nice”. Bubba asked if 2 million would have got Hulk into the building and he said “no doubt”. Bubba followed up by asking what “chicken s***” Vince offered in return and said “400k?” and Hogan said “probably” and then said that he hoped Ann Russo (Vince secretary) was not still mad at him (because he put her live on the air to discuss the WWE HoF nominees). Bubba said he actually saw Hogan open up a check from Vince (regarding a PPV) in the past & “wipe his ass with it and throw it down because he gets more satisfaction by cutting it in half than cashing it”. Hogan just responded “damn” and brought up how Bubba went off on a former manager of Brooke’s for ripping Hogan and Brooke off and compared it to how Bubba is going off on Vince.
– There was more arguing about their friendship and who uses who and Bubba’s crew kidded it sounded like a lovers quarrel. Hogan said Bubba is a “d*** today” because he keeps saying Hogan uses him to help Brooke.
– The BTLS crew discussed how Hogan sounded drunk and how to get The Bubba Army to get behind Brooke’s video again and how he hated asking them but felt he came across stiff to Hogan in their defense.