– Jeremy Borash is outside Jim Cornette’s office. Kurt Angle is in the office, demanding a rematch with Samoa Joe. Cornette says he is still trying to decide if Sting or Christian will get the title match against Abyss at the PPV. Cornette asks Angle not to disrupt Impact like he did last week. Angle says he is going to get his rematch and leaves the room. Cornette then calls security and tells them to keep an eye on Angle tonight.
– James Storm & Chris Sabin defeated Petey Williams & Christopher Daniels when Storm hit Williams with a chair to get the three count. During the match, Sabin tried to bring a chair in, and ended up arguing with Jerry Lynn, who tried to stop him, at ringside. Daniels hit a dive from the ring, hitting both Sabin and Lynn, resulting in a brawl amongst the three of them.
– They showed Samoa Joe in the back, on crutches, accompanied by a woman.
– Team 3D came out. Brother Ray noted how few tag teams there are now. He said AMW split up, the Naturals have been beaten so badly they’ll probably never be seen again, and Voodoo Kin Mafia is busy with the other VKM, so all that leaves is LAX. Brother Runt came out and said he was glad that Team 3D was back, but he wondered where Team 3D was last week when LAX was beating him up. Brother Ray reminded Runt that he had been told to stay out of trouble while they were gone, and he went and got himself involved in a mess with Abyss. Ray and Runt argued, and Ray asked Runt if he had been drinking, to which Runt pulls out a bottle. They begin shoving, and Ray clotheslined Runt. Devon tells Ray to take it easy on Runt. Ray tells Devon to get a table, but Devon refuses. LAX then hits the ring and attacks Team 3D, with security coming out to break it up. Brother Runt gets a chair and hits Homicide, Hernandez and some of the security members. Homicide gets put on a table, and Brother Ray powerbombs Runt through the table with Homicide on it.
– Robert Roode defeated Lance Hoyt. During the match, they showed Ms. Brooks in the back making an offer to Eric Young, then she came out to ringside to help Roode get the victory.
– Sting defeated Christian Cage and Abyss in a Nightstick On A Pole match. The rules of the match were that the first person to get the nightstick and use it would be the winner. Tomko interfered in the match, grabbing the nightstick, but Sting catapulted Christian into Tomko, causing him to drop it, and Sting got it and hit Christian with it for the win. After the match, Tomko and Christian went after Sting, but Abyss helped Sting. Sting handed Abyss the nightstick and left. Jim Mitchell yelled at Abyss after the match.
– Mike Tenay and Jim Cornette were in the ring, and Cornette announced Sting vs. Abyss vs. Christian in an Elimination match for Final Resolution. They announced that Samoa Joe had been named “Mr. TNA” for 2006. Joe came out to accept the trophy, and Kurt Angle came out during his acceptance speech with the woman that was with Joe earlier. Angle tells Joe if he doesn’t give him a rematch, he’s going to break her ankle. Joe tells Angle to come down to the ring, but Angle is about to put the woman in the ankle lock and Joe agrees to the rematch. Angle says “It’s not personal” then pauses and says “It is personal” and puts the woman in the ankle lock. Joe chases Angle off, and the woman is carried off to end the show.
– Rhino defeats Robert Roode with a rollup. Ms. Brooks tries to distract Rhino, but it doesn’t work, leading to another Roode-Brooks argument. As Rhino leaves the ring, AJ Styles attacks him, and Roode joins in to help Styles. They finish him off with Styles hitting a frog splash.
– Voodoo Kin Mafia came out wearing sombreros and ponchos. BG James talked about how WWE hasn’t responded to their challenge yet. They repeated the challenge from Turning Point, and noted that they tried to issue the challenge at a live WWE event. They said they would have to “step things up” and they would deal with Michael Hickenbottom directly. They challenge him to show up at the Alamo at “High Noon” the following Wednesday to accept the challenge, and then they will tape it to be shown on Impact.
– Homicide defeated Brother Runt in a streetfight. Hernandez interfered, giving Runt the Border Toss into a ladder, then Homicide got the cover. After the match, Homicide set up Runt for a Gringo Killer, but Team 3D ran out for the save.
– Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle was a no-contest. As Angle came to the ring, Samoa Joe attacked him, and they brawled all over the Impact Zone. Security separated them. Jim Cornette came out and said to let them fight, and told security to just make sure the fans don’t get hurt. Joe and Angle brawled out of the building. Jim Cornette announced that at Final Resolution that Joe vs. Angle will be a 30-minute Ironman match. Christian and Angle finally happened, with Tomko attacking Angle, and the lights going out and Sting appearing in the ring to end the show.
– AJ Styles, Chris Sabin & James Storm defeated Petey Williams, Christopher Daniels & Rhino when Sabin pinned Daniels.
– Kurt Angle defeated Matt Bentley with the ankle lock. After the match, Raven caned Bentley for losing the match.
– Konnan came out, but was attacked by Team 3D, leading to a brawl with LAX. After the brawl, Brother Ray took the mic and said that since LAX took out Brother Runt, they took out Konnan. Ray said this was a war that LAX couldn’t handle. Ray said they would take the tag titles from LAX at Final Resolution.
– Jim Cornette brought out Christian with Tomko. Cornette said that Tomko was barred from ringside for Christian vs. Abyss vs. Sting at the PPV. He then ordered Christian to sit in a Penalty Box cage for Tomko’s match tonight. Christian refused, so Cornette said if he didn’t do it, he would be removed from his title match. Cornette then said he had someone who owed him a favor to help, and Kurt Angle came out and put Christian in the cage.
– Abyss defeated Tomko via disqualification. Samoa Joe came out and brawled with Kurt Angle, who was at ringside. Christian got out of the cage and attacked Abyss from the DQ. The lights went out and Sting appeared. Christian and Tomko left, and Abyss raised Sting’s arm, then turned on him and gave him Shock Treatment.
– Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt defeated Austin Starr & Alex Shelley. After the match, Starr & Shelley argued.
– Eric Young & Ron Killings defeated Chris Sabin & Senshi with Killings pinning Sabin with an ax kick.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?