– John Cena kicks off the show and cuts a promo on Umaga backing down from him last week, he also tells Estrada to strap on some nuts coz he ain’t got none. Melina cuts him off and makes her way to the ring, Cena mentions that Umaga is looking very different tonight. Melina reminds Cena that he has to face Kevin Federline on New Years Day and notes that Nitro has been personally training K-Fed. Cena makes reference to Melina being a slut and Melina slaps him. Cena tries to FU Melina but Masters makes the save. Cena throws Masters out the ring and out comes Jonathan Coachman. Coach tells Cena he won’t get Umaga tonight but instead will have to take the Master lock challenge, and if Masters wins, he will get a shot at the title next week. Cena cuts Coach off and says that nobody gives a crap about anything coach says, he mentions that Bischoff was fired in this city but at least Eric was controversial and entertaining. Cena says Coach likes to sing “im too sexy” to himself in the mirror when he thinks nobody is watching, but we were.. ..he then shows footage of coach dancing and singing in the mirror. Coach says he’s had a change of heart, to be more controversial the WWE Title will be on the line in the master lock challenge.
– backstage, Rated-RKO are in their locker room, Kenny enters and notes the Spirit Squad is dead (thank god) he asks to join Rated-RKO. Orton & Edge ask why he thinks they need him, they tell him to go prove himself.
– Lilian Garcia informs the crowd on “Rowdy” Roddy Pipers condition and she says that Piper has vowed to be back on RAW soon and the next match is dedicated to Piper.
(1) The Highlanders vs. Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade. Highlanders are wearing “Hotrod” shirts. Robbie rolled up Cade for the victory.
(2) Maria vs. Victoria. Victoria brings a clip board to the ring, it has a check list on it with Candice, Maria, Torrie and Mickie’s names on it, Candice has been checked. Victoria makes short work of Maria and then checkes her name off the clipboard. Mickie comes to help Maria – Victorai attacks her and delivers the Widdows Peak, she screams “who’s the crazy b–ch now?”
– in a pre-recorded segment Cryme Tyme visit a retirement home to sing their versions of rudolph the red nosed reindeer, silent night and let it snow. Backstage, Jim Duggan, Todd Grisham and Super Crazy are laughing at Cryme Tyme. Shelton Benjamin tells them to stop laughing because Cryme Tyme are giving black men a bad name, he then challenges Super Crazy to a match, Crazy responds with “no problem, punk as$ biatch.”
(3) Shelton Benjamin vs. Super Crazy. Crazy misses the top-rope moonsault and Shelton hits the t-bone suplex for the victory. Afterwards Charlie Haas jumps in the ring and celebrates with Benjamin, Benjamin looks confused – Haas & Benjamin reunion??
(4) Master Lock Challenge for the WWE title: John Cena vs. Chris Masters. Cena’s face turns purple – referee gets squashed in the corner and Cena breaks the master lock, Masters tries to re-apply it but Cena reverses it into his own full nelson and Masters taps out. After the match, Umaga attacks Cena and they brawl in the ring and on the announce table. Security, officials and referees try to break them up but they keep fighting. Estrada eventually pulls Umaga away and takes him up the ramp.
– Backstage Vis tries to hit on Torrie – Carlito spits apple in Vis’s face and Ron Simmons once again says “damn.”
– Grisham interviews DX – they say congratulations to Edge & Orton for being the only guys who have seen past the DX mirage or defying authority and being disrespectful because they knew that it didnt apply when it came to the nature boy. Shawn says they knew that Flair was very influential when it came to his and hunter’s careers and that in the past 5 years they have become close personal friends with Flair.
– This week in wrestling history – Chris Jericho becomes the 1st Undisputed Champion.
(5) Carlito w/ Torrie Wilson vs. Viscera. Torrie has a wardrobe malfunction and has to hold her top up. We’ve got 9 photos at the link on the bottom of this post. Carlito def. Vis and Torrie kissed him.
In Coach’s office, Cena grabs Estrada – he notices Coach has entered the room and puts words in Estrada’s mouth, saying Estrada thinks he has Coach in the palm of his hand and that he is really the one running RAW – Coach decides Umaga & Cena cannot touch each other throughout the rest of the year unless its in an offical match – Coach books Estrada vs. Cena for next week.
Val Venis hosts the kiss cam – he invites 2 women into the ring to kiss. At first the girls just give each other a quick kiss but then they make out and roll on the mat. Out comes Eugene and he says he wants a kiss because he’s special – he tries to force himself on one of the women but Val pulls him off, Eugene then hits Val with the mic and beats him up – he keeps screaming “im special” yes Eugene, you are very special.
(6) World Tag Team Champions Rated-RKO & MNM vs. Hardy Boyz & D-Generation X. The crowd start “edge sucks” and “randy sucks” chants. Kenny comes through the crowd and hits Shawn with a chair on the outside – HHH takes out Kenny while Edge hits the spear on Matt for the win. Edge and Orton walk up the ramp and Michaels gives Kenny the Sweet Chin Music then Hunter gives him the Pedigree. DX and Rated-RKO stare each other down as RAW goes off the air.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?