The following is from MichelleMcCool.net:
The fans have sent in their questions, and Michelle McCool answers! After sorting though a plethora of questions sent in by the pondering fans of wrestling and Michelle McCool, the question’s have been narrowed down to a selective twenty! Michelle McCool gives the skinny on everything from the controversy between Stephanie McMahon and herself, her response over her Internet hype, and her answer to a spread in Playboy magazine!
The fans have sent in their questions, and Michelle McCool answers! After sorting though a plethora of questions sent in by the pondering fans of wrestling and Michelle McCool, the question’s have been narrowed down to a selective twenty! Michelle McCool gives the skinny on everything from the controversy between Stephanie McMahon and herself, her responce over her Internet hype, and her answer to a spread in Playboy magazine!
(1) What is your earliest memory of wrestling? And who was your favorite wrestler and Diva growing up?
MMA: I grew up watching with my dad. At the age of 6, a wrestling show was held at our local high school gym. My dad was in charge of the locker room and got to meet/take pictures with the guys (he still has the picture of him and Dusty Rhodes in his office). I fell in love with Dusty Rhodes this night and was hooked ever since. I have always loved Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, The Rock, Hacksaw Jim Duggan??.. the list goes on!
(2) What made you decide to enter in the 2004 WWE Diva Search?
MMA: I was simply watching Raw when they aired one of the advertisements for the Search. I told my husband, "This is my chance (jokingly)!" He told me I wouldn’t do it and that’s all it takes. Tell me I won’t or I can’t and I will! 🙂
(3) Are you at all worried about WWE creative having nothing for you and eventually letting you go after you having invested so much time, energy, and hard work into getting back up to the main roster? Looking at how any diva from an up and comer like Christy with endless enthusiasm to crafty and skilled worker like Gail Kim can be let go at the drop of a hat, it’s easy to imagine all your hard work and determination being disregarded. Do you ever think about this while you’re working your way back?
MMA: You never know what the next day might bring in any business. My theory is to always treat each day as if it were the last. I just plan on working hard and giving it my all each and every day. Hey, what more can we do, right?
(4) What is one of the most flattering things that have happened to you since being apart of the WWE family?
MMA: You know, I’m not sure?that’s a tough one! I can’t tell you how much I love everyone with WWE. There are so many people/superstars that I have always admired and have taken time to go out of their way to help me, encourage me and guide me throughout this journey that it’s difficult to pick just one situation.
(5) What’s the best advice you’ve been given by a fellow WWE star when you were an official part of the roster?
MMA: (See #4)
(6) Confronting rumors, was there ever any mishaps between Stephanie McMahon and yourself?
MMA: Let me tell you, Stephanie McMahon is one of the most genuine, kind, warm hearted people I have ever met and I am lucky enough to call her my friend. :
(7) Some women wrestlers prefer a T-Shirt, trousers and wrestling shoes. Others, such as Ashley Massaro, wear street gear and boots, whilst others wrestle in, say, a singlet and nofoot. What are your views on those three choices of wrestling gear? Which one would you prefer and be most comfortable in?
MMA: I like any of the styles. I think as long as you are confident in whatever you are wearing, that’s all that matters. Right now, I prefer traditional wrestling boots!
(8) Do you know when you’re supposed to return to the main roster? Are you supposed to train for a certain period of time, or are you just training, waiting for your call up?
MMA: Hopefully it will be sooner that later. Until then, I just take things one day at a time and will continue to train as hard as I can!
(9) John Guzman asks: Really love the website. My question for you is; what is your take on Divas with little training in the ring risking injury? I’m speaking of course of the injury that was sustained by Ashley Massaro recently. I understand that in wrestling there is always an injury risk and that it could happen to anyone at anytime, but do you think injuries such as this could be avoided if the Divas were trained to take a fall more properly, rather than be rushed into an angle on Television?
MMA: That’s a tough one. I think you nailed it on the head when you said that anyone (from novice to the most experienced/trained athletes) can get injured at any given moment and that’s simply the nature of the business!
(10) Were you sad or upset when WWE told you that you were going to have to train at DSW, while other girls were left on television that couldn’t wrestle a match to save their lives?
MMA: NOT AT ALL! I look at it as a great opportunity to learn more about the business I love and to make myself more versatile!
(11) What keeps you going when days get tough while training at Deep South Wrestling? What’s your biggest motivation?
MMA: Just knowing that each day is a new day! You’re going to have tough days no matter what you are doing. I have a great support system in my family and friends (and dog : ) that I can always rely on as well!
(12) What do you do at Deep South Wrestling? What are you best at, and what can you learn more of? Are they trying to tone down your Southern accent?
MMA: Let’s see: train day in and day out! Best at?..I’m not sure – I am definitely picking up on several things that I think are neat! Learn more of?I can always learn more whether it be wrestling, entertaining, speaking, etc? – you can’t ever learn enough! Southern accent?I think it’s a bonus to be able to use it and to be able to tone it down! We’ll see!
(13) Were you really supposed to be called up and get paired with Trevor Murdoch, as his valet/manager/girlfriend? I saw a report that said that was the plan, but then it got scrapped.
MMA: Don’t always believe what you hear or read! : I don’t know. That’s the first I’ve heard!
(14) You’re one of the more talked about Divas on the Internet, more so than some of the Divas on the main roster. A lot of fans follow your progress at DSW. People are expecting a lot from you when you return, and believe you can help revive the Women’s Division. How do you respond to that kind of attention?
MMA: First off, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the attention. Who am I to deserve that??? I’m (in my mind), and always will be, just a small town southern belle. The fans just help drive me that much more!
(15) What are your thoughts on the comparison that you’re the potential ‘next’ Trish Stratus?
MMA: That’s a true honor and a great compliment from whomever may have said that. She’s not only a superb athlete, but a great person!
(16) Do you still go to the WWE shows or talk to any of the WWE superstars on the main roster?
MMA: Yes (when they are in my area) and Yes! :-p
(17) What are your thoughts on the topic of Playboy; is it for you?
MMA: No comment. :-p
(18) Have you discovered a new finisher or signature move yet while you’re training at DSW?
MMA: I am definitely working on a few different moves that I might use as a finisher!
(19) I love your site Michelle! I go to it everyday! Which brand would you like to return to when you get called up, and which Diva would you like to work with upon your return?
MMA: Thanks, but I have nothing to do with the site – all credit to Josie! You know, it doesn’t matter; I just can’t wait to be back up on the main roster and continue to live out my childhood dream!
(20) In closing, is there anything you’d like to tell your fans?
MMA: To all my fans, I can’t thank you enough for all of the care, concern and support you have given me. You were there when I became extremely ill (sending well wishes), you were there when I made the move to DSW and I hope that you will continue to be there as I work my way back up to the main roster! Watch out WWE – here I come! :-p
Interested in more? Michelle is more than happy to autograph any pictures/memorabilia fans may have. They can just send them to the DSW address (provided below) with a self addressed envelope and she will take care of it. For more information on Michelle McCool, continue to visit WWE.com or MichelleMcCool.net, and watch those WWE shows, folks! Michelle may be returning at any point!
Deep South Wrestling (Michelle McCool)