– We see a shot from earlier today of Christian Cage arriving to the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL at Universal Studios.
– We then see a shot of Scott D’Amore speaking with Eric Young when Jeff Jarrett pulls up in his hummer. Jarrett comes out with Gail Kim. He asks D’Amore if he has the tape. D’Amore says he does and Jarrett is happy. They assure Jeff they have things covered with Christian Cage tonight. Eric Young says he has a problem. Jarrett asks him what is wrong. Young tells Jarrett that Sting isn’t gone. Jarrett asks Young to repeat after him…Sting is gone. Young does so and continues to repeat it. Jarrett asks D’Amore where Larry Zbyszko is at and says he has one final thing left to do. Jarrett leaves with Gail Kim and D’Amore hits Young.
– A video package rolls hyping Christian Cage’s jump to WWE and his quest to capture the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in TNA. We then hear remarks from Jeff Jarrett who said that Cage didn’t deserve the title shot. Jarrett goes over all of his past opponents in TNA and how he overcame them all.
– A new graphic opening welcomes us to TNA Against All Odds. We go live to the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL at Universal Studios. A display of pyro goes off above the ring and in the entrance way.
– The music of Austin Aries hits. We see Austin Aries and Roderick Strong making their way down to the ring for the first match of the night.
Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. The Naturals
Strong fights back with some kicks on Stevens. Strong chops Stevens and tags in Aries. Stevens slides under the bottom rope, pulls Strong down and catches him with a right hand. Aries then dives through the second rope and takes out Stevens as fast as what Don West described as a bullet. Aries throws Stevens back in the ring, covers, but only gets a two count. Strong gets the tag. Strong and Aries trip up Stevens and double-team him with some quick rights. Strong covers Stevens, but only gets a two count. Strong hits a quick backbreaker on Stevens, covers again, but gets another two count. Stevens gets tossed to the corner. Aries gets the tag, leaps over the top rope and catches Stevens with an elbow. Aries chops Stevens, but Stevens fights back in the corner with some rights on both Strong and Aries. Aries then trips up Stevens to prevent him from tagging in Douglas. Strong gets the legal tag and he works on the neck of Stevens. Stevens fights back up to his feet and drops Strong in a jawbreaker. Aries gets the tag, runs in the ring and takes out Douglas on the ring apron. Strong comes in the ring, hits a splash on Stevens and Aries follows that up with a dropkick to the face. Aries covers Stevens, but gets a two count. Aries jumps off the bottom rope and connects with an elbow on the chest of Stevens. Strong gets the tag, leaps off the corner and hits another elbow drop on Stevens. Aries gets the tag, climbs to the top turnbuckle, stands up, but Stevens hits the ropes to crotch Aries on the top rope. Aries gets tossed down by Stevens and Douglas gets the tag.
The fresh Douglas takes out both Aries and Strong. Aries accidentally low blows Strong in the corner with his head. Douglas hits a huricanranna on Strong off the corner, covers, but gets a close two count. Douglas grabs Aries, gets him up in a powerbomb, but Strong clips Douglas. Aries falls on the chest of Douglas, covers, but only gets a two count. Aries and Strong take out Douglas with a double-elbow and a clotheslines/german suplex double-team move! Douglas kicks out again after another two count. Strong nails Douglas with a big backbreaker, a dropkick and a follow-up by Aries. Stevens breaks up another pinfall attempt. The Naturals attempt a Natural Disaster on Aries, but Strong breaks it up and Aries rolls up Stevens. Aries tries to use the ropes like he did on iMPACT! two weeks ago, but the referee see this and stops it. Douglas comes in the ring and both Naturals hit the Natural Disaster on Aries. They cover and get the pinfall.
Winners: The Naturals
– We then go to the ringside area with Mike Tenay and Don West. They rundown the card tonight: Team 3D vs. Team Canada, Rhino vs. Abyss in a Falls Count Anywhere Match, Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a Triple Threat X Division Title Match and Jeff Jarrett vs. Christian Cage for the NWA World Title.
– Tenay introduces a clip from earlier in the night during the 30 minute pre-show with Larry Zbyzsko and TNA management laying down the law tonight.
– Jeremy Borash is with NWA World Tag Team Champions America’s Most Wanted and notes how they will face Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt as a result of the Tag Team Tournament on iMPACT! in the last few weeks. Chris Harris says the new tag team of Sabin and Dutt is impressive, but says there winning streak stops tonight. Scott D’Amore and Team Canada are in the area as well and he asks Gail Kim for a public apology. Kim says she is sorry to D’Amore. D’Amore shows the tape that was filmed by Alex Shelley and how they will show it on iMPACT! on Spike TV next week. Larry Zbyszko comes in and says if there is any interference in the main event tonight, they will be fired on the spot. D’Amore laughs and Zbyszko says he doesn’t care who it is.
– Alex Shelley is making his way to the ring to start the second match of the night.
Petey Williams vs. Alex Shelley vs. Matt Bently vs. Jay Lethal
Lethal hits a quick suplex on Shelley. Lethal grabs Shelley by the arm, but Shelley extends his foot allowing Williams to tag himself in. Williams comes in and hits a backbreaker on Lethal. Williams sends Lethal face first into the corner and Shelley tags himself back in. Shelley wraps Lethal in a full-body submission, taking Lethal to the mat. Williams then jumps and hits Lethal with a big dropkick. Shelley nails Lethal with a stiff right hand. Shelley hits a slingshot senton over the top rope from the ring apron on Lethal, covers, but only gets a two count. Williams tags himself back in when Shelley throws Lethal into the corner. Lethal fights back with some rights on Williams. Williams counters out of a back suplex and hits Lethal with a dropkick to the back. Williams gives Lethal a scoop slam and then works on his neck applying a reverse chin lock. Shelley comes in the ring and looks to take out Lethal when Williams breaks the chin lock and starts arguing with Shelley. Lethal crawls over and tags in Bently. Bently takes out Williams with some big chops. Bently hits a high back body drop on Williams followed by a scoop slam. Bently goes up to the top turnbuckle, but Williams cuts him off. Williams climbs up with Bently, but Shelley comes under Williams and puts him on his shoulders. Lethal hits Bently with a kick. Shelley takes Williams down with a powerbomb. Lethal gets taken out and Bently nails him with a flying elbow! Lethal cuts off Williams with a hard right, attempts a suplex, but Williams counters into a spinning neckbreaker. Williams sends Bently over the top rope to the outside. Lethal grabs Williams and hits a huge full-nelson release suplex!
Lethal takes out Shelley with a huge dropkick when Shelley jumps off the top rope. Lethal takes out Shelley again with a big side-kick. Shelley fights back giving Lethal a drop toe hold followed by a big reverse DDT. Bently hits the ring and nails Shelley with a big front face plant after many counters. Bently props Williams back up from the corner and Williams counters that into a big side russian leg sweep! Williams calls for the Canadian Destroyer. Williams gets Bently locked when we see Jackie Gayda come out and confront Shelley. She shoves Shelley and then slaps him. Gayda starts punching Shelley on the ramp. We go back to the ring and see Bently give Williams a back body drop to break up the Canadian Destroyer. Lethal then comes in and rolls up Williams for the pinfall! Williams is shocked.
Winner: Jay Lethal
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Rhino. Borash brings up the Falls Count Anywhere Match tonight with Rhino vs. Abyss. Rhino brings up that he grew up in the #1 murder city capital of the world. Rhino says he has no fear and tells both Abyss and James Mitchell to fear The Gore tonight. Larry Zbyszko comes up along with Dave Hebner. Zbyszko tells Rhino that there can’t be any outside interference. Rhino says he will spread the word, but tells Zbyszko to call an ambulance because Abyss will need it tonight.
– A video package rolls highlighting the previous events with the 3 Live Kru, how they broke up and how the formations of the Latin American Exchange and the James Gang took place with Ron “The Truth” Killings on the outside still.
The James Gang vs. The Latin American Exchange
BG gets the tag and he takes out Macheta with a big boot. Kip comes back in the ring and takes out Homicide with a big stiff right. Homicide leaves the ring and takes off to the back. Kip leaves the ring and follows. Back in the ring, BG hits Macheta with a Pump Handle Slam. BG covers and gets the pinfall.
Winners: The James Gang
After the match, Konnan attacks BG James. Macheta helps and they work on BG in the corner. Macheta leaves the ring and helps Homicide take out Kip James when Bob Armstrong appears in the ring. Armstrong stares down Konnan. BG gets up and Konnan leaves the ring along with Homicide and Macheta. Bob Armstrong stares down LAX along with BG.
– Backstage, TNA referee Mark “Slick” Johnson goes to the office of Larry Zbyszko. He notices that the main event tonight doesn’t have a referee. Zbyszko says he has the referee situation under control tonight and that Johnson is on a need-to-know basis.
NWA World Tag Team Championship Match
Sabin fights back to his feet taking out both Storm and Harris in the corner. Harris cuts off anymore offense by taking Sabin down. Storm gets the tag and he drops his weight over the bad ankle of Sabin. Storm then connects with a big backbreaker on Sabin. Storm drops his weight across the bad ankle of Sabin yet again and applies pressure. Storm then tags in Harris. Harris hits a leg drop over Sabin’s ankle. Sabin grabs the referee. The referee checks on Sabin as Harris taunts at him. Sabin tries to stand up in the corner, but Sabin falls down. Harris puts Sabin back up. Harris backs up, charges, but Sabin takes out Harris with a kick. Storm gets the tag, hits the ring and attacks Sabin from behind. Storm holds Sabin up by his bad ankle. Sabin kicks Storm away. Harris comes in grabbing Sabin when Dutt gets the tag! A fresh Dutt takes out Harris with a kick, splash and a big huricanranna on Storm. Dutt takes out Storm with a dropkick, covers, but Harris breaks up the pinfall. Harris misses a charge on Dutt, Dutt springboards off the top rope and hits a double-superkick on AMW. Dutt then hits a springboard moonsault on both members of AMW as well. Storm fights back holding Dutt up. Harris goes off the ropes to take out Dutt, but Sabin cuts him off. Dutt hits a big flipping reverse DDT on Storm, covers, but only gets a two count. Harris catches Dutt when he attempts another springboard. Dutt counters that into a close two count.
Harris then splashes Dutt in the corner. Storm brings a steel chair into the ring and then distracts the referee. Harris grabs the steel chair, but Dutt trips him up. Sabin hits a tornado DDT on Harris right on top of the steel chair. Sabin tosses the chair out. Dutt hits a big moonsault on Harris, covers…1…2…Harris noly kicks out. Storm is now on the outside with Sabin and he drops the guard railing over the bad ankle of Sabin. Dutt attempts a Hindu Press on Harris in the ring, but Harris moves. Storm comes in and takes out Dutt with a big superkick. Storm then sets Dutt up for the Death Sentence. Harris goes up to the top and connects with the leg drop. They cover and get the pinfall to retain the titles.
Winners & STILL NWA World Tag Team Champions: America’s Most Wanted
After the match, Chris Harris grabs handcuffs. James Storm drags Sonjay Dutt to the corner. Harris handcuffs both of Dutt’s arms around the top turnbuckle. Harris grabs the steel chair and looks to take out Dutt with it when Sabin hits the ring taking out both Harris and Storm.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with the NWA World Champion Jeff Jarrett along with Gail Kim. Borash says Jarrett must be feeling the pressure tonight when he faces Christian Cage tonight. Jarrett says he feels no pressure and that Christian Cage should be the one feeling the pressure tonight. He said this is the most important match of Cage’s 12 year career. Jarrett said if Cage doesn’t get the job done tonight, it will be another egg on the face of TNA management. He brings up how Larry Zbyszko has a special referee planned tonight, but that it won’t matter because he has all the keys to retain his NWA World Champion. Monty Brown comes up doing a G-Unit type call out, except calling out J-J-J-J-Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett cuts off Brown, saying he is sick and tired of him cutting his interviews. He said he knows Brown wants to say he will give him The Pounce and everything else. Jarrett says he wants to shut Brown up and promises him a shot at the NWA World Title once he retains tonight. They shake hands and Jarrett leaves with Gail Kim. Brown smiles and says he will be watching the main event closley tonight.
– A video package for the Falls Count Anywhere Match between Rhino and Abyss is shown.
Falls Count Anywhere Match
Abyss leaves the camera’s view and then comes back with a table in handle. Abyss sets up the table, leaves again and brings out a second table. Abyss puts both tables together with help from James Mitchell. Rhino crawls up the ramp and gets to the top area where Abyss has the two table set up below the ramp. Abyss cuts off Rhino with a shot to the head with a baseball bat. Abyss grabs a third table and sets it on top of the other two. Abyss then brings out a fourth table, stacking all four together. Abyss walks up the ramp, gets near Rhino, but Rhino hits Abyss with a kick to the gut. Abyss fights back with some rights. Abyss kicks Rhino in the gut, gets him ready for a powerbomb, but Rhino counters out of it. Rhino grabs Abyss and sends him face first into part of the TNA set. Rhino then backs up, charges looking to hit The Gore, but Abyss takes out Rhino with a big boot that sends Rhino off the top of the ramp. Both Abyss and Rhino leave the Impact Zone and go the backstage area of the soundstage. Abyss nails Rhino face first off the winsheild of the car. Abyss grabs a bat, swings, Rhino moves and Abyss hits the window of the car. Rhino attempts the same and Abyss moves as well. Rhino then starts to head back into the Impact Zone when Abyss grabs him and sends him into a nearby trash can. Rhino gets back up and moves back to the ringside area along with Abyss. Rhino then looks under the ring and pulls out a table. Rhino puts the table in the ring.
When Rhino gets back in the ring with the table, James Mitchell hands Abyss a staple gun! When Rhino peaks out to grab Abyss, Abyss staples the gun on the head of Rhino two times! Rhino backs up holding his head in pain. Abyss grabs another table and brings it into the ring. Abyss sets up the table while another table is already setup in the corner. Mitchell signals Abyss to finish off Rhino. Abyss grabs Rhino, but Rhino fights back and hits a big belly-to-belly. Rhino backs up, charges, looks for The Gore, but Abyss catches Rhino and gives him a chokeslam through the table! Abyss covers Rhino…1…2…Rhino kicks out. Abyss can’t believe it. Mitchell then hands Abyss the bag full of thumbtacks. When Abyss holds the bag up to display it to the crowd, Rhino charges and gives Abyss The Gore through the table in the corner smashing it to pieces! Rhino covers Abyss…1…2…Abyss kicks out. The crowd starts a “THIS IS AWESOME” chant. Rhino then looks at Mitchell and takes off after him. Abyss cuts off Rhino when he gets close to Mitchell. They brawl up into the rafters above the announcers area. Abyss sends Rhino face first into part of the rafters set. Abyss then breaks apart the wall against the rafters! This is right above the four stacked tables. Abyss grabs part of the board wall and nails it over the head of Rhino. Abyss grabs Rhino by the neck in a chokeslam, but Rhino fights out of it kicking Abyss. Rhino backs, Abyss stands up, Rhino charges, Rhino nails Abyss with The Gore and Abyss gets thrown off the top of the bleachers and crashes through the four stacked tables! The crowd in Orlando goes wild! Rhino jumps down, covers Abyss and gets the pinfall.
After the match, Rhino gets back in the ring and gets his hand raised as the crowd in Orlando start a loud “RHINO” chant. A bloody Rhino leaves the ring and heads to the back as they show a few replays of Abyss getting Gored off the top of the bleachers through the four stacked tables. We go back live and see TNA trainers tooking a look at Abyss.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with the X Division Champion Samoa Joe. Borash brings up the Triple Threat tonight with AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels. Joe talks about the conduct of the code in the X Division Division. He begs to differ about that and says it is really all about the X Division Title. Joe mentions how he will bring two towels tonight, one bloody and one fresh that he will put in his trophy case. He says the odds are against both Styles and Daniels since they will face him tonight.
– We go back live to the Impact Zone and we still TNA trainers still attending to Abyss. They show a few more replays of The Gore that Abyss took sending him off the top of the rafters through the four stacked tables. Abyss eventually gets to his feet and the fans in Orlando clap.
– A video package rolls hyping the X Division Title Match tonight when Samoa Joe defends against AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in a Triple Threat.
X Division Championship – Triple Threat Match
In the ring, Styles hits a vertical suplex on Daniels and then applies a full-body bridge chin lock. Joe comes in the ring and breaks it up. Joe then applies an STF on Styles. Daniels elbows Joe and then applies a submission on Joe as well forming a submission circle as Don West described. Daniels gives Styles a scoop slam followed by a slingshot elbow drop over the top rope. Joe chops Daniels in the corner a few times followed by a big charging knee in the corner. Joe gives Daniels the face wash in the corner, backs up, charges and hits a huge running face wash on Daniels. Styles grabs Joe, irish whips him, Styles charges and Joe catches Styles, slamming him back down hard on the mat from the corner. Daniels then nails Joe with three shoulder blocks from the ring apron. Daniels hooks the arm of Joe, but Joe backs up and slaps Daniels. Styles charges at Joe, Joe ducks, Styles leaps over and takes out Daniels on the outside. Styles and Daniels brawl on the floor when Joe goes off the ropes, dives through the second rope and takes out both Styles and Daniels! The crowd in Orlando starts up a loud “TNA” chant. Joe grabs Daniels and tosses him back in the ring. Joe then goes over to Styles and kicks him a few times. Joe kicks Styles in the chest and throws him back in the ring.
Styles hits a leg sweep on Joe on the ring apron followed by Daniels nailing Joe sending him to the floor. In the ring, Styles and Daniels exchange nearfalls. Joe comes in, slaps Daniels on the back, but Daniels applies a headlock. Styles then nails Daniels with a clothesline, allowing Joe to grab Daniels and give him a back suplex in the same movement as well! Joe then nails Styles with a huge kick to the face. Joe hits Daniels with an atomic drop followed by a charging big boot. Joe hits a senton back splash on Daniels, covers, but only gets a two count. Joe kicks Styles in the corner and then goes back to Daniels. Joe then hits a big powerslam on Daniels that results in a two count. Joe applies an armbar submission on Daniels. Daniels gets the bottom rope with both of his feet. Joe breaks the submission and then goes over to Styles, kicking him again. Joe goes back over to Daniels, props him in the corner and hits a few chops. Joe kicks Daniels, lifts him up onto the top, Joe looks to go for the Muscle Buster when Styles breaks it up with a kick to the back of the head. Daniels jumps down and hits Styles with a few elbows. Styles cuts off Daniels with a boot and headbutt. Daniels fights that and looks to hit a front face plant when Joe nails both with a big boot. Joe then drops a knee over the head of Daniels.
Joe picks up Daniels and starts chopping him. Daniels goes behind Joe. Joe gets in some elbows. Daniels attempts a full nelson, Joe breaks that and Daniels then hits a huge release german suplex on Joe! Daniels then powers Joe down to the mat, calls for the BME (Best Moonsault Ever), hits the springboard and connects with the BME on Joe. Daniels covers Joe, but only gets a two count. Daniels calls for the Angel’s Wings. Daniels hooks the arms of Joe, Styles jumps on Joe and flips over Daniels attempting the Styles Clash. Daniels breaks out of that. Styles attempts a powerbomb, but Daniels flips up landing on his feet. Joe takes out Daniels quickly with a clothesline, covers, but only gets a two count. Joe gets Styles up in a Muscle Buster, but Styles leaps off and takes out Daniels with a spin kick and a kick to the back of the head on Joe. Styles hits a gut buster on Daniels, covers, but Daniels gets a shoulder up. Styles has Daniels up in a torture rack, spins Daniels and nails Daniels into the mat. Styles covers, but Joe breaks up the pinfall. Styles then hits a springboard inverted DDT on Joe off the ropes. Styles hooks the leg on Joe, but Joe kicks out after two. Styles attempts the Styles Clash on Joe, but Daniels breaks it up. Styles hits a clothesline splash on Daniels in the corner. Joe sends Styles to the ring apron. Daniels has Joe up on his shoulders. Styles nails Joe on his head. Daniels then drops Joe on his head in an inverted Death Valley Driver. Daniels covers, Styles breaks it up. Styles covers, Daniels breaks that up. Styles and Daniels are battling in the corner when Joe kicks Daniels off the ring apron. Joe grabs Styles, gets him up in the Muscle Buster and connects! Joe covers…1…2…3.
Winner & STILL X Division Champion: Samoa Joe
After the match, Samoa Joe raises the X Division Title in the air. Christopher Daniels looks on from the ramp and yells at Joe that it isn’t over yet.
– A video package runs showing how Team 3D were screwed out of the NWA World Tag Team Titles at the Final Resolution PPV by Team Canada. They show how Team 3D allowed the fans to vote who they should face tonight at Against All Odds. The fans voted Team Canada. We then see footage from iMPACT! last night when Team Canada attacked Team 3D and left Brother Devon a bloody mess.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Team 3D. Brother Ray says they are pissed and if pissing people off was an Olympic sport, Team Canada would have the gold. Ray says he hopes the United States kicks Canada’s ass in hockey this year. He says Team 3D shouldn’t worry about them tonight, they should worry about the fans in Orlando tonight who voted them in because they hate them with a passion.
Team 3D vs. Team Canada
Roode gets the legal tag and he hits a double-suplex along with Young. Roode hooks the leg of Devon, but only gets a two count. Roode applies a headlock on Devon. Devon is still busted open at this point. The referee lifts the arm of Devon once, twice, but Devon keeps it up on a third attempt. Devon gets in a quick roll-up on Roode that results in a two count. Roode fights back, nailing Devon and then tagging in Young. Young applies pressure on the neck of Devon using the ropes for leverage. Young nails Devon face first off the corner. Young throws Devon down and applies a camel clutch submission. Young breaks the hold and tags in Roode. Roode gives Devon a scoop slam, goes up to the top, drops a fist on Devon, Young jumps off and connects with a big flying elbow on Devon as well. Roode then applies a camel clutch on Devon and flaps his arm at Ray taunting at him who is reaching out for a tag. Roode uses his weight and jumps on top of Devon to take him out even more. Young gets the tag and he applies a camel clutch on Devon as blood continues to pour down the face of Devon. Devon gets in a low blow on Young. Roode comes in, grabs Devon by his boot and Devon kicks Roode in the face. Ray reaches out for the tag and Devon gets it. Ray goes up to the top, jumps and hits a cross-body on both Roode and Young. Ray takes out both again with some clotheslines. Ray hits a series of side slams on both Roode and Young. Roode and Young fight back with a double-flapjack on Ray.
Young covers Ray…1…2…Ray kicks out. Young goes up to the top, but Ray sends Roode into Young tripping him up. Ray hits a german suplex on Roode and then goes over to Young. Ray chops Young, hooks his arm and hits a big superplex! Ray covers Young, but Roode breaks up the pinfall. Roode takes out Devon on the ring apron and then tries to use the hockey stick on Ray. Ray nails Roode, but Roode hits a low blow on Ray. Roode then nails Ray with the hockey stick and leaves. Young covers Ray, but Ray kicks out! Young goes up to the top, but Ray dodges the moonsault attempt by Young. Ray sends Roode over the top rope. Devon comes in and they hit the 3D on Young. Ray covers Young…1…2…3.
Winners: Team 3D
After the match, Scott D’Amore tries to hit Team 3D with the 2005 Tag Team of the Year plaque. Brother Ray turns around in time, but America’s Most Wanted hit the ring. Ray clotheslines both members of AMW. Bobby Roode then takes out Ray and Devon. AMW get back up and they all take out 3D. They bring a table into the ring and set it up. Roode puts Devon on the table. Chris Harris goes up to the top. Ron “The Truth” Killings then comes out and clears the ring. Team 3D and Killings don’t let Eric Young leave though. They put Young on the table and Killings hits a big leg drop off the top taking out Young. Team 3D and Ron “The Truth” Killings celebrate as AMW and Team Canada look on frustrated.
– Mike Tenay & Don West remind that TNA is back on pay per view next month on March 12 with Destination X.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Christian Cage and notes how tonight is the most important match of his 12 year career. He asks JB how he is doing tonight. JB says he is doing great. He asks how the crowd in Orlando is doing. They cheer loudly. Cage says he is nervous as hell, because the culmination of his 12 year career is right here tonight. He said after everything he worked for, he dreamed about this moment. Cage says all the questions will be answered tonight. He brings up how he was criticized for leaving a big money contract in WWE to come to TNA. Cage says February 12, Orlando, he walks in the challenger and walks out the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion…because that’s how I roll.
– A video package rolls highlighting the NWA World Heavyweight Title Match between Jeff Jarrett and Christian Cage tonight.
NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Jarrett throws Cage back in the ring and hits a big dropkick. Jarrett covers, but only gets a two count. Jarrett gets in a quick takedown on Cage, covers again, but only gets a two count. Cage gets back to his feet and starts chopping Jarrett. Jarrett fights back dropping Cage face first off the top rope. Jarrett chokes Cage on the second rope and continues to do so when the referee tries to stop him. Referee Earl Hebner grabs Jarrett by the hair and pulls him back. Jarrett gets in Hebner’s face and Hebner pushes him back. Jarrett drops his body over the back of Cage. Jarrett distracts the referee as Gail Kim hits a big huricanranna off the top rope on Cage. Jarrett gets back in the ring and nails Cage face first off the corner. Cage then fights back applying a sleeper on Jarrett. Jarrett breaks out of this, jumps up when Cage comes off the ropes, but Cage catches him and hits a powerbomb. Cage then applies the Figure Four on Jarrett. Jarrett reaches for the ropes and Gail Kim reaches in, pulling Jarrett’s arms to the bottom rope. Cage argues with the referee as Jarrett takes out Cage with a big kick to the back of the head. Jarrett grabs Cage by the legs and applies the Sharpshooter in front of referee Earl Hebner. Cage grabs Hebner and yells at him thinking we might see a repeat of 1997. Mike Tenay says Henber better not do it. Jarrett continues to apply the Sharpshooter when Cage counters it and now gets Jarrett in the Sharpshooter! Jarrett turns to his back and kicks Cage into the corner. When Cage hits the corner, he bounces off and low blows Jarrett on the mat with his head.
Both men are down. Referee Earl Hebner starts the count. Both get up at the count of 8. Cage cuts off Jarrett with a right hand. Cage blocks another attempt by Jarrett and drops Jarrett in an atomic drop. Cage takes out Jarrett with a clothesline followed by a flying forearm off the ropes. Cage nails Jarrett with an elbow in the corner, charges, Jarrett catches Cage and Cage counters that into a big spike DDT! Cage covers Jarrett…1…2…Jarrett kicks out. Referee Earl Hebner goes down when he gets hit by Jarrett and Cage, grabbing his ankle. Cage goes up to the top when Gail Kim distracts him. Jarrett goes up to the top with Cage. Both are standing up on the top turnbuckle. Jarrett grabs Cage and jumps off, hitting The Stroke from the top! Jarrett covers Cage. Referee Earl Hebner is still down. Jarrett yells at Hebner. Hebner crawls over, starts the count…1…2…Cage kicks out. Jarrett can’t believe it. Jarrett nails Cage with some rights. Cage calls for more. Jarrett sends Cage into the corner, but Cage hits Hebner with force knocking him out. Cage hits The Unprietter on Jarrett. Cage covers. Referee Hebner is down. Referee Mark “Slick” Johnson then slides in, counts…1…2…Jarrett kicks out! Cage knees Jarrett, attempts The Stroke, but Jarrett low blows Cage. The referee sees this and looks to DQ Jarrett when Jarrett nails him with a low blow and throws him out. Gail Kim sends in a steel chair. Jarrett grabs it. Cage goes up to the top, jumps and dropkicks the steel chair into the face of Jarrett! Cage then chases after Gail Kim. Cage brings Kim into the ring. Cage has Kim when Jarrett comes in and nails Cage with the guitar over the head. Jarrett falls down, covers Cage, referee Earl Hebner rolls over, counts…1…2…Cage gets a shoulder up!
Jarrett distracts referee Earl Hebner when Gail Kim leaps off attempting a huricanranna on Cage. Cage grabs Kim and powerbombs her! Jarrett attempts a Stroke on Cage. Cage counters that into The Unprettier. Cage hooks the leg of Jarrett…1…2…3.
Winner & NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Christian Cage
After the match, Christian Cage is handed the NWA World Heavyweight Title. The crowd in Orlando cheers loudly. Mike Tenay says Christian Cage had cracked the glass ceiling. We see a shot of Jeff Jarrett leaving the ring and crawling up the ramp. Referee Earl Hebner lifts the arm of Christian Cage high in the air along with the NWA World Title as a series of pyro goes off in all four corners of the ring and above the ring. Cage leaves the ring and hugs his wife Denise at ringside. Christian Cage gets back in the ring and raises the title high in the air on the corner. Rhino then comes in the ring and holds Cage up in the air as all of the TNA fans standing in the ringside area come inside the ring and celebrate with Cage as the PPV goes off the air…