– Mark Henry tore his quad at practice late last week (in OVW) and required surgery to repair it.
– UPW’s “Outlaws”: Mike “Knox” Hettinga and Derrick Neikirk have signed with World Wrestling Entertainment and will soon be relocating to WWE’s new Atlanta territory.
– Early estimates for the Royal Rumble PPV have the show drawing about 458,000 buys, or a 0.83 buy rate. If the numbers hold up, the PPV would be down 21.7% from last years 585,000 PPV buys.
– Wrestlemania XX in Japan drew 21,000 buys, the best drawing foreign PPV in history.
– I hope you all enjoyed our coverage of the SmackDown! tapings from Albany, NY yesterday, The radio show last night was our most listened to live show EVER and that says a lot. For those of you who listened, you’re the best! And to those who didn’t, tune in next Tuesday night from 9-11EST! More details can be found at WrestleZoneRadio.com
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?