– She refers to the gruelling travel schedule saying that the Divas generally have the same schedules as the guys, but they’ve got to look pretty doing what they do!
– States that she got her break in wrestling when she appeared on a talk show with a couple of wrestlers, which generated interest that a model would make the jump to wrestling. The buzz was strong enough to generate interest not only from WWE, but by rivals WCW and ECW.
– Says she got contract offers from WCW and ECW but eventually she was flown to headquarters by WWE and signed with them.
– Says her first title win was significant and that her and fellow Divas had to work harder to re-educate fans in taking the Women’s division seriously.
– Says there is finally a balance between women actually wrestling and being seen as “eye candy.”
– She mentions her main event match against Lita which she had on Raw a few months back. The first amazing feeling was that Vince (McMahon) had enough confidence in us, We had to really go out there and prove ourselves, and I think we did that,” says Stratus.
– Finishes by saying that the “supershow” will allow Raw and Smackdown superstars to interact and with the absence of television cameras, it also means superstars don’t have to stick to storylines and can be much more open. Stratus says if Torrie Wilson’s out there, she will tell her what she really thinks of her!
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?