Report by Jerry Roth & ProWrestling.net …
1. Chris Master defeated Jack Swagger. This was by far the sloppiest match I have ever seen live. Masters won after putting his knees up for Swagger’s Vader Bomb. At one point in the match Masters looked like he was trying to hit Cross Rhodes and both Masters and Swagger fell flat on their ass. Swagger sold like the move hit even though Masters didn’t have a hold of him. My other thought on the match was, oh yeah these guys are still employed.
Miz and R-Truth ran out to attack Masters as he headed back to the locker room. Zack Ryder and Alex Riley made the save. A-Ry said something on the mic, (couldn’t hear it well because of the sound system) which lead to…
2. R-Truth and Miz defeated Zack Ryder and Alex Riley. There were little Jimmy chants as well as Broski chants. Miz won after hitting the Skull Crushing Finale on A-Ry. Ryder at one point in the match went for a body press over the ropes when Truth moved out of the way and hit with a good sounding splat.
3. Primo defeated Tyler Reks. I have now seen this match five times in the past two years. Primo won with a backstabber, and no one got behind Reks.
Eve came out and announced she was the guest hostess and announced a contest and the winner would meet their favorite WWE star. Brie Bella came out and called out Kelly Kelly, who came out for a divas championship match…
4. Kelly Kelly defeated Brie Bella. Kelly won with K-2. Then the contest was revealed to be a dance contest between a little kid and three adults. The kid won.
5. Alberto Del Rio defeated Kofi Kingston. Alberto didn’t have Ricardo Rodriguez (I was disappointed) but Alberto did however steal a guy’s hat and put it inside his money in the bank briefcase. Del Rio won with a Cross Armbreaker.
6. Santino and Kozlov defeated New Nexus. I refused to cheer for Santino as he put a stupid Snake puppet on, he hit the cobra to win the match.
7. Dolph Ziggler defeated Evan Bourne. Ziggler threatened to leave the arena, and the crowd chanted Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye. He stayed and at one point they started chanting Ziggler Pizza. Ziggler won with the Zig Zag. This was notable for Evan Bourne being thrown to the outside, but leg got caught in the ropes so he couldn’t do a backflip in the ropes.
8. CM Punk vs. John Cena in a Champion vs. Champion match went to a no contest when Del Rio hit both men with the MitB briefcase. CM Punk used Cult of Personality at the show, so I am assuming it’s his theme now. It was half for Cena and half for Punk. Cena threw his shirt and a bigger adult stepped in front of a kid to catch, the man became an instant heel. Anyway at the end of the match Punk hit GTS on Del Rio, Cena hit the AA, and Del Rio got helped to the back. They then held the titles up, with Punk holding his higher than Cena.
Overall a great show for Peoria, I was impressed as the Divas got time, and the new Punk shirt was there. Kind of a funny note the Nexus armband was going for 5 bucks.