The Ring of Honor Newswire for August 2
- The Ring of Honor TV Tapings are approaching and everyone is anticipating what will happen on Saturday, August 13th at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL. It will surely be an event that you want to go out of your way to attend live and in person. Expect a new aesthetic appearance but the same world class, hard hitting action that ROH has always been known for. All of the ROH championships will be defended and the undercard will be stacked to the max. Tickets for the 8/13 live TV Taping are available here, http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=201.
- We will continue to have comments from our entire roster each day regarding the TV taping on 8/13 and the broadcast television debut on 9/24. All of the Ring of Honor wrestlers are raring to go and ready to show why ROH is the future of professional wrestling.
- A grudge match has been signed for the August 13th TV Tapings (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/rohs-most-violent-rivalry-comes-to-sbg/) as Jay & Mark Briscoe take on Rhett Titus & Kenny King, The All Night Express! Very strong restrictions have been placed on the four men involved in this match as ROH officials are looking to showcase tag team wrestling at its finest but can all the animosity built up over these last few months be contained?
- ROH officials have signed Andy "Right Leg" Ridge for the August 13th TV Tapings in Chicago Ridge, IL. Ridge is a young man who consistently impresses but has yet to receive that big win to take him to the next level. There is no better time then on 8/13 for Ridge to show the world that he belongs with the best athletes in professional wrestling.
- Steve Corino sent a letter to the ROH offices yesterday regarding many topics including the upcoming TV tapings. ROH officials are still debating on whether to allow both Corino and Jimmy Jacobs to be apart of the new ROH era. We are attempting to get clearance to post the full letter on ROHwrestling.com.
- Congratulations to Team ROH of Eddie Edwards and Delirious who received the Pro Wrestling Weekly Fighting Spirit Award for their impressive participation in the NOAH 2011 Junior Heavyweight Tag League Tournament.
- Lancelot & Harlem Bravado feel that the last time they faced Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly at "Tag Team Turmoil 2011" that is wasn't completely fair due to the fact that the Bravados had to face the hostile Briscoe Brothers before facing Cole and O'Reilly in the finals of the Contenders Tag Lottery. "We defeated the Briscoes and proved to the world that we are the future of the ROH tag team division." Stated Lancelot, "We entered the finals in much worse physical shape then Cole and O'Reilly which clearly gave them the advantage. We know that if we face them again without having to run through a legendary team beforehand that the outcome will be much different."
- We will have information regarding our return to New York City on September 17th tomorrow on ROHWrestling.com.
- And don't miss out on your last chance at $5 ROH DVDs! Until Wednesday morning at 9AM, select Ring of Honor titles from 2002-2009 are on sale for only $5 so take advantage while you still can. Click here for more information: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ring-of-honor-5-dvd-sale/!