WrestleZone.com reader Jason Saint sent along the following …
OVW TV Tapings Results/Spoilers
Taped on August 10th, 2011, to air on August 13th, 2011
Match 1: Shiloh Jonze defeated Brandon Espinosa by pinfal when the two butted heads in the corner and Shiloh landed on top of Espy.
Match 2: Rocco Bellagio and James “Moose” Thomas (with B.S. 2.0) defeated Chase King and Elvis Pridemoore by pinfall following a GuidoBomb by Rocco Bellagio.
Match 3: Ryan Howe defeated Nick Dumeyer by pinfall.
Jason Wayne entered the arena to speak about his win over Johnny Spade at the Saturday Night Special. After addressing Spade being a “hell of a competitor”, he said he fought hard to get the title, and would fight hard to keep it. Christian Mascagni entered the arena to confront Jason, telling him Jason that he was not done with him. When Wayne reacted, intimidating Mascagni, he was attacked from behind by a large masked man, practically the same size as Wayne. Once Jason began to fight back, both Mascagni and the masked assailant returned to the locker room.
Match 4: Christopher Silvo (with Mo Green) defeated Dylan Bostic by submission with the Silvio Crossface.
Backstage, The Fat and the Furious were seen eating, where they were approached by Jumpsquat Joshua Johnson. Johnson stated that he was the team’s new manager, and that he would be training the team to prepare to get their titles back in two weeks. When the two left, we then saw Ted McNaler telling Adam Revolver to stay backstage during McNaler’s match, stating that he was now the leader of the Elite and that he demanded Revolver stay. Revolver reluctantly agreed.
Match 5: TedMcNaler defeated Raul LaMotta by disqualification, when Raul tossed McNaler over the top rope. Raul left the ring with a smirk, whilst McNaler returned to the ring, begging to have the match continue.
Backstage, Brittany DeVore was seen with OVW officials Chris Sharpe and Bill Clark, who were holding a jar. DeVore explained that inside were numbers for the order of the upcoming gauntlet match to decide the new number one contender for the OVW Heavyweight Championship. Once numbers were drawn, Jamin Olivencia approached Rudy Switchblade to let him know that, following their previous SNS match, Rudy should pray that they don’t meet in the ring.
Match 6: Paredyse defeated “Sexy” Sean Casey by pinfall to retain the OVW Television Championship following the Erectile Dysfunction.
Backstage, Raphael Constantine was seen speaking with Christian Mascagni. Constantine bragged about his number, which he cheated Espinosa out of getting, and Mascagni said he believed in Constantine. Izzy Belle Smothers entered the room, looking for her sister Jessie Belle. Mascagni explained he had no idea where she was, prompting Izzy to leave. Once she left, Benjamin Bray and Jessie Belle came out from under a desk together, situating themselves and leaving quickly. Mascagni and Constantine began to vomit.
Match 7: Smothers’ Twisted Daughters defeated The Blossom Twins by pinfall following a sitout powerbomb by Izzy Belle Smothers.
Backstage, we see Taryn Shay leaving a voicemail on Benjamin Bray’s phone, begging him to call her back, and saying that this was the 27th time she’d called. Lady JoJo approached Shay, telling her that it was Taryn’s fault that she lost the Women’s Championship at the Saturday Night Special and that “those two rednecks” were trashing their locker room.
Backstage, Christopher Bolin was scolding Raul LaMotta for his loss to Randy Terrez, stating that another loss would prevent LaMotta from entering Bolin Services. Mohamad Ali Vaez entered the room with Michael Hayes’ leg over his shoulder. LaMotta stated that he was “shady, but not THAT shady”. Vaez left the pair to sit between Moose and Rocco, who stopped mid-conversation and left Vaez to sit by himself. The crowd erupted for that. Brittany DeVore approached Ali to question his actions, where Ali began to speak on Hayes. Before he could get much out, Hayes burst into the room and attacked Ali. Once Ali managed to scramble away, Hayes looked into the camera and said that, leg or not, he would continue to haunt Ali for the rest of his career. The fans went insane for this.
Match 8: Gauntlet Match to determine the number one contender for the OVW Heavyweight Championship:
– Jason Wayne joined Gilbert Corsey and Kenny Bolin at ringside for commentary.
– Randy Terrez defeated Brandon Espinosa by pinfall following the ThrillKill (top rope corkscrew)
– Rudy Switchblade defeated Randy Terrez following a low blow
– Rudy Switchblade defeated Lennox Norris following a low blow
– Jamin Olvencia and Rudy Switchblade fought to a no-contest, both were disqualified by countout.
– Alex Silva defeated Tony Gunn by pinfall following the Silva Surfer (running knee lariat).
– Alex Silva defeated Ryan Howe by pinfall following the Silva Surfer.
– Alex Silva defeated Johnny Spade by disqualification when Tony Gunn came into the ring, hit Alex Silva with a chair, and the referee turned to see Spade with the chair in his hands and Alex on the ground.
– Jimbo Onnoo came out and attacked Alex Silva, prompting Jason Wayne to stand and ask what Jimbo was doing. Jimbo then left the ring, yelling at Wayne and going backstage. With Wayne’s back turned, he was then attacked from behind by the masked man. The masked man then hit Wayne with the OVW Heavyweight Championship, knocking Wayne out cold and removed the mask to reveal Andreas Rossi. Rossi then entered the ring.
– Andreas Rossi defeated Alex Silva by pinfall to become the number one contender for the OVW Heavyweight Championship.
After the match, Christian Mascagni came out to congratulate Rossi, then left the ring to mock the fallen Jason Wayne.
Match 9: Taryn Shay (with Lady JoJo) defeated CJ Lane after JoJo shoved CJ Lane off the top rope.
Match 10: Benjamin Bray defeated Mohamad Ali Vaez by countout when Ali was chased away by Michael Hayes.
Have a news tip?Attended an event and want to send a live report?