WWE Raw live event (Jackson, Mississippi at the Mississippi Coliseum)
Report by H.T. and ProWrestling.net
There was a crowd of about 10,000. The National Anthem started the show.
1. Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne defeated David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty to retain the WWE Tag Titles. It was hard to hear the house mic (a common theme the whole night). Bourne and Kofi came out to a good pop. Otunga and McGillicutty had some heat. Evan hit the Shooting Star Press4 for the win. Good match.
2. Mason Ryan defeated Zack Ryder. Ryan came out to some heat, and Ryder came out to some pop. Ryan won with the side slam (nothing spectacular).
3. Santino Marella defeated Jack Swagger. Swagger got decent heat, Marella came out to a good pop. A comedy match. Swagger did pushups. Santino mocked him. Swagger did sit-ups. Santino mocked him. Santino got the pin Mick Foley style (pulled out a sock and hit The Cobra).
Diva Eden Styles came out. The Bella Twins followed and roughed her up. Eve and Kelly Kelly made the save to a good pop, and then brought The Bellas back in for a match.
4. Kelly Kelly and Eve defeated The Bella Twins. Kelly and Eve won with Kelly’s finisher on one of the twins.
5. C.M. Punk defeated R-Truth. Truth came out to decent heat. Check that, it was big time heat after he tore up a sign. Punk came out to a curious reaction. I think everyone was surprised he was wrestling Truth. A Punk chant finally started and he got a good pop. A pretty good house show match. Side note: Punk or Truth botched a spot where Punk went to the top rope, but Truth was too far away, so he jumped off the rope and clotheslined him instead. Punk won with GTS and revved up the crowd afterward.
Eden Styles came bak out for a dance contest. The winner got to go backstage to meet a WWE superstar. A little guy won.
6. Dolph Ziggler defeated Drew McIntyre and Alex Riley in a Triple Threat to retain the United States Championship. McIntyre came out a little heat, but not much. Riley hardly received any pop. Ziggler came out to a mix of both (not real big time overall). Riley put on mask during match. Ziggler faked fainting for the quick two count. Riley applied his finisher, but Ziggler slipped in put his finisher on Riley for the pin.
7. John Morrison defeated Ted DiBiase. DiBiase came out 2 big pop (his dad has a house in Clinton, Mississippi and I have met him). Morrison came out the big pop, and the women squealed for him. Good house show match from these two with lots of good near falls, and back and forth action. The best match of the night. Morrison won to a huge pop with Starship Pain. Both men shook hands after match. DiBiase talked afterward and over Jackson Mississippi. He got the biggest pop of the night at this point in the show for talking about his father and grandfather.
8. John Cena defeated The Miz. Miz came out to the heat of the night. It was huge. Miz did a good heel promo putting down Jackson (toothless, all other Mississippi stereotypes), Cena, and said he was a must see champion. Cena came out to a massive pop. It was the biggest of the night (seems like i was alone in booing Cena and saying “Cena sucks” which he does).
Finally, “Let’s Go Cena, Cena sucks” chants started. A good match. Miz hit finisher. Cena powered out and then there was a ref bump. Miz hit Cena with a chair. The ref recovered and made a slow 2.75 count. Cena threw Miz into an exposed turnbuckle and followed up with an Attitude Adjustment for the pin to send the crowd home happy. Great job WWE.