WWE Raw live event (North Little Rock, Ark.)
Report by Tedy Blessed and ProWrestling.net
1. Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne defeated Mike McGillicuty and David Otunga to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship. The crowd was hot for Kofi and Bourne. Both teams looked real good.
2. Mason Ryan defeated Zack Ryder. An okay match. Ryan is still green. Zack did what he could. The crowd did the WWWYK.
R-Truth came out to a good amount of heat. The tv doesn’t do him justice. So the C-O-N Spiracy is most definitely in. He tore up a sign that says “Spokemans for the StraighJacket”.
3. Eve and Kelly Kelly defeated The Bella Twins. This is all you needed. Oh Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly is annoying. All she did was fix her belt while Eve took a beating.
4. Santino Marella beat Jack Swagger. Santino got a nice pop. Great wrestling match. No Vickie. Santino played the comedy and the crowd loved it. Jack hit a beautiful belly to belly to set up for his version of Vader Bomb that Santino blocked. Put on Mr. Socko’s cousin The Cobra and its over.
5. CM Punk defeated R-Truth. An awesome back and forth match. CM Punk came out to a huge pop. CM Punk and Little Jimmy chants throughout ruled the 10-15 minute match. R-Truth dominated the match, but CM Punk hit the GTS for the win in the end.
Now it’s a dance off. Conspiracy.
Dolph cut a great promo stating he was making the U.S. Title relevant again.
6. Dolph Ziggler beat Alex Riley to retain the U.S. Championship. Alex hit an amazing STO in the middle of the match. Dolph was going for a punch and Alex hit the STO. Also, Alex is not a great as the TV makes him out to be. Dolph was carrying him during the match. The crowd went crazy for Alex applying the Arkansas CloverLeaf (we in Arkansas I can’t call it Texas). A-Ry is running out of options and a Zig Zag was his last one. The champ retains. Great near falls close to the end.
7. John Morrison beat Drew McIntyre. Both guys come out to a good pop and good amount of heat. Why is McIntyre not on tv anymore? I would love for him to join
McIntyre went to work on the neck. Morrison sold it well. The crowd got behind Morrison and he went for his Corkscrew splash to McIntyre on the outside. Yep, he missed. “The Great American KnightMare” regained control back in the ring and goes to work on the leg of Morrison. Oh, Lil Jimmy is getting on my nerves. Later, McIntyre went for a short arm clothesline, Morrison ducked it into a float over Chuck kick off the ropes and StarShip Pain.
8. John Cena beat The Miz. The Miz worked the crowd for 10 minutes by simply lifting the microphone back and forth between his mouth Justin Roberts’ and the ref’s mouth, getting “boo” and “yay” cheers. He then called us all puppets and said his catchphrase. John “The Dynasty” Cena came out to massive pop. Cena really no sold the Miz’s move. One half of “The Awesome Truth” took control of the match.
Out of nowhere, Cena hit a belly to belly for two. Miz hit Cena went outside and hit his knee lift to a hanging Cena. Cena wrestled in Jordans, I wonder if he signed with Jordan brand. The crowd started to rally for Cena and now it was time for the Five Moves of Doom. Miz blocked into the Skull Crushing Finale and Cena powered out.
Miz was one step ahead. He hit Cena in the knee and then hit his low cut DDT. The ref went down. Cena applied the STF. Miz tapped, but there was no ref. Cena got up and looked for a ref. Miz grabbed a chair. Wham. The ref recovered and counted 1….2….the kickout. Cena hit an Attitude Adjustment to win the 20-minute-plus match.