- Sin Cara over Heath Slater was a well worked match. The Swanton Bomb itself got a nice reaction. Cara got a very nice face reaction. Probably fourth largest pop of the night. The "other" Sin Cara got a solid reaction on the titan tron and an even better heel reaction when we took off the blue mask to reveal the black look. Hunico spoke mostly in Spanish but did say that Cara stole his identity once as Mistico and he won't let it happen again. I hope the match at the pay per view is presented well. There is a danger of this storyline getting too confusing, if it hasn't already gone there.
- St. Louis loves Sheamus. Very nice face reaction. I remember Elimination Chamber a couple years ago where he didn't get much of a reaction at all. Glad to see Stl has warmed up to the Great White.
- Johnny Ace surprisingly pulled heat. More heat than Christian did. What's up with that?
- Rhodes was great on the mic last night and he got a huge heel reaction in response. The Rhodes/Sheamus match was decent but I was shocked by the finish. Why didn't Rhodes go over Sheamus? Christian's interference could have happened with a different outcome. If they'll put Rhodes over Orton I really don't see why they won't put him over Sheamus. With the reaction Sheamus was getting I'm certain it wouldn't hurt his momentum. Especially if the loss built up his storyline.
- The Divas worked a decent match. Natalya's submission looks great and translates nicely to TV. Kelly herself translates very nicely to TV. I was very impressed with the way she worked last night. I've always been down on Kelly but she changed my mind last night.
- Ryder over JTG was solid filler for us. Ryder is going over huge and needs to be placed in a serious storyline before he loses this momentum he's got. Good choice to have him face JTG who the crowd was certain they hated this time around (the third time we saw him).
- Orton obviously had the biggest reaction of the night. The match with Christian was wonderfully worked. It was the same match we've come to expect while being completely different. They gave us what we payed to see, what we expected and something out of the ordinary. The near falls and reversals kept the crowd on their feet through the end of the show. Henry's appearance only added MORE heat to the end of the show.
Overall, it wasn't the best episode of Smackdown! but it probably wasn't the worst either. I had a good time.
Have a news tip? Attended an event and want to send a live report?