Casey Ford, of CaseyFordShow.com, recently sat down for an interview with former WWE star Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, and the following are several interview highlights:
EUGENE joined Casey Ford on ESPN 970. Here are some highlights while in charcater:
– Eugene talks about his match in UPW in Escanaba, MI this weekend against his opponent “Supreme Brett Powers”
– Why he got into wrestling
– What he likes about the Indy circuit.
Eugene out of Character:
– Explains the difference between a “Wrestling Fan” and a “WWE” Fan
“I don’t think there’s much difference, traditionally the wrestling fans weren’t as many kids because the wrestling was a bit more violent, The WWE fans are families are celebrities are kids and older people, its fans of all age groups all around the world”
– Explains the difference in the talent level with every circuit
“The difference is mainly experience and being able to wrestle more high profile matches. The guys in the WWE probably have the best experience because they are wrestling the best guys, guys in the Independent level might not have as much time in the business, so they don’t have the experience of what to do and when and that’s the key factor. For me it took 10 years, I was a ten-year overnight success.”
– The Difference between a “WCW” locker room and the “WWE” locker room
“I was so young at the time only 23-years old, so I was really naïve and green at the time, I was watching Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, the NWO, this was 1998 so wrestling was hot, then going to the WWE there were differences, but I glossed over those differences because I don’t remember the backstage politics and backstabbing I read now, I didn’t see any of that.
– On Eric Bischoff's original return to the WWE
“People didn’t know what to think because it was a shocking move but everyone kind of got a little uneasy and it was a weird feeling
– On Brock Lesner returning to WWE
“I saw him in OVW, so I was around Brock for a long time before he debuted on TV and he’s one heck of a guy, I think it’s a smart move on his part and should help the wrestling business.”
Eugene also talks about his return to WWE or TNA along with tension between Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman.